Simple trimpot question

Started by jimbob, January 09, 2004, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

If a schem requires a exp- 10k trimpot- and i dont have one, what are my options? Would i put a 10k resistor there meaning i simply wouldnt have any control or adjustments available?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

petemoore

If you have a larger pot, [not THAT much larger [put a resistor from lugs 1 and 3 till you get a value that equals about what value pot you're looking for]
  Other wise simply put a socket 'there' [where the resistor goes] and try different resistors in the socket or build inbetween values using paralleled fixed values or serised values as needed.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jimbob