Small Bear back from hibernation!

Started by PB Wilson, January 12, 2004, 10:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB Wilson

I stopped by Steve's site to see the updates. I really like to thumbnails! "So that's what that part looks like!"

Welcome back Steve. We missed you. No doubt you'll be overwhelmed with orders in the next few days, but hang in there. The DIY community wouldn't be the same without you.

Also, let us know what changes you have in store and what new products you'll be carrying.

Now what should I build next??? :twisted:

Mike Burgundy

Looking good - that's what I call a beauty-sleep ;)

Jim Jones

Peter Snowberg

I love the cave re-decorating. :) The new stock list looks great! 8)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

bobbletrox

My package from Smallbear arrived yesterday, and I'm so pleased with Steve's service n' merch that I wish I'd ordered more stuff!

smallbearelec

The short update message was for the larger audience. Here, at "Home", I can let my fur (!) down and speak of what has been going on and what you may expect.

The work on the web site was actually not the largest piece of the shutdown time. Yes, it had to be done, and I'm happy I did it, but the bigger job was shipping backlog and then re-organizing and expanding to outside space. I had long outgrown our apartment  (which is generous by New York City standards) and the space in our basement. I have rented a locker a few blocks away and started to equip it like a small warehouse--shelves, battery lighting, etc. We no longer have cartons of aluminum boxes overrunning the foyer, and Wife no longer has to threaten to throw it all away. We are beginning to get our lives back...

Plans:

More custom parts, of course. Mike's cream chicken-head knobs have been ordered and should be delivered soon. I'm trying to find a split-bobbin power xfmr from Taiwanese sources that will be small enough to use for a redesigned Small Wart. And lots more op-amps and specialty chips. Oh yea, a request:

I will continue to carry the Xicon caps for tube pedals and amp repair. But now that I have both low-voltage and higher voltage caps, there will be questions from beginners about appropriate types. Please suggest the Panasonics for general pedal construction, as I'm going to make them standard in the B.O.M.s that I send out when asked. I will provide samples to the designers for layout purposes.

Regards
SD

Hal

hot hot hot.  I like it, Steve!

Ever think of stocking 63/37 solder?  Everyone on this board is raving about it, and I was thinking of trying some with my next order,...whenever that is...assuming (incorrectly) you stocked it...

any-who... Nice job :-D

Mike Burgundy

QuoteMike's cream chicken-head knobs have been ordered and should be delivered soon
YES!
Thank YOU Steve.
I'll be getting a batch o'those soon (even though recent aquisistion of an SWR amp has thinned out my rear-pocket  :lol:  )

amz-fx

Welcome back Steve!  I'll have an order to send soon :)

regards, Jack

ErikMiller

Good to have the store back on line.

I'll second that request for 63/37 solder. Specifically, I've been doing some research (going back to my background in electronics materials) and found out that Kester just came out with a new flux formulation that is not only "no clean," but wets very well and does not contain chemicals on the nasty fumes list.

Very few places are carrying this "405" solder, and I'd love to get some. They have it in both 60/40 and 63/37.

If it works well, it would be an answer to the hazards of solder flux fumes as described in these forums.