Single-chip Delay?

Started by humbuck, January 12, 2004, 10:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbuck

Dose anyone know if it's possible to build a single-chip delay? All these schems with many chips scare me!

Dosen't matter if it's analog or digital, as long as it works!

H.

Mark Hammer

The PT2399 is about as close to a single-chip delay as you can get, though you'll always need a chip for generating delay and another one for mixing delay/dry signals.  Check out the delay circuits at www.generalguitargadgets.com

Mike Burgundy

IF anything exists, I'd say Analog Devices would make it.
But I have never heard of anything like that, and a lot of guys here went over their stocklist with a flea-comb for useful stuff, so I doubt it.

smoguzbenjamin

You'd need an analog delay if you want the best sound ;) I have a digital  one in my setup but that's because I got it for free. You'd need a delay chip with an internal clock, don't know if they exist though... :?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Ashley_C

Hey does anyone know where i can get a PT2399 in the UK?? and if not will someone please tell me how to pay for an order from the UK to SmallBear!
Regards!
Ash
Add me to msn messenger!...i love this website!

Maneco

Hi,
i'm sure you can pay with paypal or western union,Steve is a great guy,buy from him...
All the best

Maneco

Marcos - Munky

Take a look at the Princeton Tech site, they tell about the stores that sells the ICs.

Samuel

Also doesn't the Rebote2 have fewer chips/parts than the PT-80?