My "I'm out of here" post

Started by ExpAnonColin, January 17, 2004, 05:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

Thank you all for your help, you've been extraordinary.  I'm sorry if I have been the opposite.  I'm going to go try to go learn things on my own, so I'm not so insulting when I try to help.

Thank you again, all of you, very, very much for your help.  This is an amazing community.

-Colin

Aharon

Aharon

The Tone God

I think I speak for many when I say "Huh, Did I miss something ?!?"

Andrew

Peter Snowberg

I know I missed something. What happened? Whatever it was, don't let it get you down. It's only a web forum.

I hope you don't go.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Bill_F

No way pal, you still owe us a tutorial about turning our Small Clones into Tremolos!!!! :lol:

Honestly, I've looked back through your recent posts and can't find anything that is a big deal. If I missed something and there were some mistakes made on your part, SO WHAT! Just proves your IMPERFECT like the rest of us!  I think you've made some nice contributions to the group.

Like Peter said "It's only a web forum." I join with him in hoping you don't go.

Bill

Robin

Mea culpa.
Jeez, I thought gentlemen should take it outside to resolve personal differences so I sent a private mini-rant with a wise-assed heading of Post Traumatic Syndrome. I didn't expect or want a dramatic fall on your sword thing. I figured a little bluntness coupled with an appreciation for Colin's contributions could lead to some understanding, even if it was me that needed straigtening out. I often do, and hope he accepts my apology for any damage caused.
Rob

troubledtom

it could or can be a very lonely road bro.
      if  you really do leave , you have right and best wishes.
  but you have more friend then fo , on this forum.
          i don't have anymore time to post on other forums.
                - tom
         ps: you know where to find me.......
    www.troubledvariance.com

moosapotamus

Hmmm... It just don't seem right that cool people should be made to feel like they don't belong while the a$$holes get to stick around.

Hey Colin, you know what would be cool? You could change your mind. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

petemoore

I like forum, Ppl get stickki about ethics and such I guess.
 I don't know exactly how to respond: I think your'e well liked enough here that we shouldn't have to be sayin Bye like that...makes me think I'm supposed to be feeling cut off or something...[?]
 WHoever it was doggin' about copy craff again IMO  :cry: not that I really care...but it seemed obvious enough to me that there wer'e no intended ethics violations or whatever except in someone's thinking.
  To tell you the truth I was just getting interested in the LFO thread and hoping headway would proceed on it...then the stuff about who's was it started and kinda ruined the vibe and missed the intent there, and had some trouble getting off the horse that had been gallantly mounted...all tahat...
  Anyway whatever it was doesn't have to be the reason you're doing this to all of us...I say forget about it totally or let me know exactly what it was so I can look out for it next time.
  I try not to hold grudges or get them in the first place so ... :lol: whatever...I don't like to see you go under these circumstances.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Nasse

C mon dont take this all too seriously, take some sleep or break or something distance, it was just a little nice lfo, I doubt it will be next fuzzface or something.

:shock: I confess I am afraid of such mud throwing in a forum where you can hide behind not showing your own name. I was involved in a nice forum some three years ago. There had been severe warnings to keep ther discussion under rules. And then one day there was one quy making so irritating and provocative posts that I lost my temper. I adviced him to immediately let the piss out of his brain, take a quick call to doctor because of such long-term organ malfunctioning and adviced that he always use a condom so that there is no risk that there will be more people like he and so on and so on. :oops: I think they who were keeping the forum used that as an excuse and that forum was more or less spoiled after that. But that was just my confessing. Being on this forum has been helping me to grow as a people. Thats what I believe, others may have not so nice opinion about me.
  • SUPPORTER

Boofhead

QuoteI'm sorry if I have been the opposite.

Everyone contributes, the only ones that don't contribute are lurkers (some of them are learing, that's fair enough too).  The forum relies on each brick to support it,  one brick doesn't might not see itself from contributing but if all such bricks are removed the place falls over.

If you are getting peeved about something on the forum just take a short break.  I often find forums a source frustration and I know I'm not the only one.

Brian Marshall

announcing that you are leaving like that makes adds some humility to coming back.  mmmmnot sure that's the right word.  I guess it would be character.

Ansil

Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistThank you all for your help, you've been extraordinary.  I'm sorry if I have been the opposite.  I'm going to go try to go learn things on my own, so I'm not so insulting when I try to help.

Thank you again, all of you, very, very much for your help.  This is an amazing community.

-Colin

hey man don't sweat it.  i have been down the same road as you.  a simple mistake, and a different perception makes one person mad then this other person who is a friend of person A  gets mad without thinking.  shoot we have all screwed up in someone eleses eyes we have all made mistakes we are all human.   shit man dont' sweat it like some others said its only the internet.  if you want to leave then go but dont' forget your always welcome here.. i have left multiple times only cuase i had to clear my head or some technical problem..   i have a short attention span  (pauses for the gasps of disbelief)  so i am always coming and going.  you have always been helpful and contributed to this online family.  and like all familys there is that bastard Uncle, the drunk uncle the MOlester uncle you know  how it goes..   I am the pervert Uncle though.  lol  so we all have our nitches. in short..  (a little late.) dont' sweat it. and further more do you know how many copys of that same drawing are on the web.  i remmeber taking it from a site a year or more ago for learning purposes.  but i can't tell you at all where i found it now since i pritned it along time ago.

also just to show expirence THe original artist for the marshal speaker simulator  I dont' remember his name JIM is it????  anyway i had several people try to shit on me for modding it  when it came to me in an email already cropped and stuff asking for an explanation of why it worked.   i found it on the hard drive  even posted my mods on my website  and stated that it was emailed to me and i got Hate mail from forum memebers back on the last forum,,  the guy who drew it even posted about it talkin bad about me.  but no one ever once looked at the site where it asked for the original author to actually email me and i would post the credit for it.   so at long last i am going to shut up cause like everyone else including myself we are all quick to type withotu thinking it all the way through.  so go if you must stay if you please, don't let a Sharp Tounge Discrouage you to leave.

ansil

ExpAnonColin

I'm sorry guys, I overreacted.  It was just sort of dissapointing to spend an hour or two drawing up and fixing a schematic to be told off for not printing the original schematic link for it on the image... this sort of thing is very trivial, in my opinion, especially for such an incredibly common circuit.  Calling it "Colin's" was a bit out of line, which I changed promptly.  It was late last night and I was tired and on a pride-high.

It was also pretty dumb of me to post this thread, just me overreacting.  It's funny, because just the other day a friend and I were talking about HCFX, and I remember saying that I was annoyed by people complaining about other people because when there's that many people posting there has to be SOME bad apple to spoil the bunch.

Again, my double ultra apologies.

-Colin

RDV

I got in on all this very late in the game(been encrypting my little DSL Wireless Network), I'd like to see the redrawn schem, as it sounds like a cool building block.

Regards

RDV

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: RDVI got in on all this very late in the game(been encrypting my little DSL Wireless Network), I'd like to see the redrawn schem, as it sounds like a cool building block.

Regards

RDV

This circuit is based on the following:
http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt16.htm
http://www.play-hookey.com/analog/triangle_waveform_generator.html
http://circuits.cf.ac.uk/eLab/opampapps/opampapps_fig3.gif
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/square.html
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/page8.htm#func.gif

among some others.  Try tweaking values!  This is certainly something to start with, not to end with :)

-Colin

Fret Wire

Glad you're back! Never saw what the fuss was about. Seems the same poster keeps popping in when ever he thinks he's got someone dead bang. Never has any electronic advise, though. On to the next project!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

petemoore

Back to the LFO thing !!!
 That's what I'm thinking about...
 But I'm a little behind on this, do you connect the LFO to a LED or something? For lack of forming a better question ... [sorry If this sounds blunt but I think I'm half in the dark here] ...
  What can you do with this?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Russ

Glad you're back, Colin. It's the genuine concern for each other that the members of this forum share that make it the very best. I appreciate your input and expertise, and this forum doesn't need to do without you.
Russ

Ansil

glad to see your still here. man  good on ya