My "I'm out of here" post

Started by ExpAnonColin, January 17, 2004, 05:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

Hi Colin, glad the LFO worx now!
You could check "how low can you go" for the 47k (freq.-pot-series-) resistor, to get a large "sweep"-range (freq.-ratio)...

smoguzbenjamin

You know what Colin, I rather enjoy most of your posts!
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

troubledtom

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, :D
        now get back to work bro  :wink:
                  - tom

Maneco

hey,Colin,
i think you're a helpful and nice person,that's why i took the time,and believe me,i'm busy,in mounting the lfo that you could not get to work and post the correct values,and i'm glad you credited the ones who helped...
keep working,
all the best,
Maneco

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: puretubeHi Colin, glad the LFO worx now!
You could check "how low can you go" for the 47k (freq.-pot-series-) resistor, to get a large "sweep"-range (freq.-ratio)...

So am I!  Since I'm using this for a tremolo at the moment, I don't want it to go too fast.  I'm going to try an optocoupler, with which it should be able to go faster, but right now it's LED/LDR.  That's what the 47k is for.  At the moment I'm short on .47uf caps, so I have to use 3 .22uf (that's all that will fit on the breadboard).  Unfortunately, it isn't going slow enough for my taste.  I think the perfect combo for tremolo is probably a 1uf and a 47k, as drawn, but I don't know, because I can't replicate that!

Quote from: petemooreBack to the LFO thing !!!
 That's what I'm thinking about...
 But I'm a little behind on this, do you connect the LFO to a LED or something? For lack of forming a better question ... [sorry If this sounds blunt but I think I'm half in the dark here] ...
  What can you do with this?

There's a great post by RG in the FAQ/archives about this.  The way I'm using this particular one is just like you mentioned-connecting it to an LED in a tremolo.  It can also be used for signal generation, of course!  The reason they call them LFO's is that it's lower frequencies, and in the schema things, 20hz to 20khz are pretty low frequencies.  So, if you wanted to, you could put this in a synth as your oscillator, but normally those are a lot more complicated.  It can be used in a ton of places, like phasers and choruses an whatnot, but right now I'm just going to use it for tremolo.

Thank you all for the kind words.  I'm sorry for all the hubbub (gets back to work) :)

-Colin