Finished my "Little Gem"

Started by thumposaurus, January 17, 2004, 06:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumposaurus

Just finished wiring up and stiching up my Little Gem, amp thingy, well I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

As an added suprise it appears the little guys eyes fade in and out depending on the signal going through them probably because of how I have them hooked into the circuit but it's a nice effect, I do have one more output jack to add (guess where :twisted: ) and maybe a power jack, I think the LEDs are going to cut down on battery life.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

bobbletrox

lol!  That's one possessed teddybear  :twisted:

great idea!

javacody

Where's the speaker? Up its ass?   :lol:

thumposaurus

Quote from: javacodyWhere's the speaker? Up its ass?   :lol:
No, the electronis itself is up his ass, the speaker is sewn into the chest on the inside, the bear was origanlly one of those giglin' and wigglin' ones, so it already had a nice little chamber in which to cram the circuit and battery.

And here's a crappy movie of the eyes, flashing to the guitar signal
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Thumposaurus/bearamp.WMV

Ansil

tht looks cool,,   i thought about a teddy ruxbin  cuase he moves his mouth and eye to the beat of the music..

Marcos - Munky

Cooooollllll!!!!!! Need to build one "bear amp" for me too  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: .

smoguzbenjamin

And I was proud of making a 386-based amp (not quite little gem) in a silver box :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

javacody

I wonder if the bear adds a little "fuzz" to your tone?   :D

David

No, it probably adds "growl"!

Sorry, couldn't help it...

Jim Jones

Nasse

I have been planning a Teddy Bear cloth covered Vox AC-30 clone, but this beats it!
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

Is that one of those Taiwanese "budget thermal enclosures" Steve Daniels told me he would be getting in? :wink:

Man, and I thought my T-tone amp was adorable (hammer.ampage.org).  This one makes me want to bring my guitar to bed and snuggle up!

What next, a Lego amp?

thumposaurus

Thanks for all the great comments guys, every one I've shown this to thinks it's the greatest idea in the world. Oh and Mark funny you should mention the lego thing when I was looking for something to put this into I came across my bag of legos and was contemplating building an enclousre with them, I still may.

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.