Hybrid tube highvoltage SS miniamp in a samll box

Started by Ansil, January 19, 2004, 04:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

put in an extra 1M from grid of first triode to ground, so the tube doesn`t "run away" when the input is "open"...

Ansil

thanks i did that originally i dont' know what happened to my brain.. its all fixe dnow

Jered

No power transformer or output tranny?  Jered

puretube

those 2 opamps on the right are the PA, with low-Z (speaker) output...

Arn C.

Ansil,
    What size speaker is required  watts & ohms?
Thanks!  Cool circuit!
Arn C.

Ansil

Jered
No power transformer or output tranny? >>>
nope it is a solidstate poweramp, i have another version that is all tube, but realy this is my favorite one right now.  at least unitl i upgrade the opamps.

puretube

those 2 opamps on the right are the PA, with low-Z (speaker) output...

>>>  you are correct sir.   actually there poweramps though. soon to be upgraded to the lm384's

Arn C

Ansil,
What size speaker is required watts & ohms?
Thanks! Cool circuit!

According to the DataSheet it can go all the way to 2ohms.  but i am just using a 12"" cab with it.  and it screams.  its got the power to push a 4*12 though. i mean its likek 6 watts or better into 8ohms i believe i just know it rocks..  :)  what really rocks is the enclosure i wanted to put it in.

its the one that is half the size of the mxr type box, what is that the B box

Jered

Ansil, what power transformer are you using? Helps to avoid a long search on the web.  Thanks,  Jered

Ansil

Quote from: JeredAnsil, what power transformer are you using? Helps to avoid a long search on the web.  Thanks,  Jered

ahh  sorry i am using a combo of a ratshack transformer.  to get the 12.6 vac that i rectify up to around 16v or so.   but i also have it back to back with a second ratshack style transformer  i canabliized it out of an old computer.  it works so i didnt' bother with  the part no.   basically it puts out about  750ma-1A and thats around the same readings as the other transformer.

Jered

........so where is the 160V B+ coming from?  Jered

puretube

Quote....also have it back to back with a second ratshack style transformer

Ansil

Quote from: JeredAnsil, what power transformer are you using? Helps to avoid a long search on the web.  Thanks,  Jered

THe New power supply schematic has been added to the page

Jered

Oh, OK, same as the McTube II, got it. Thanks,  Jered