Does anyone have The gator schem?

Started by Carlos Best, January 19, 2004, 09:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos Best

Guys

I should not be asking for that but cause I live in the 3rd world, and I can't afford buying the kit, maybe someone could give me the schem.
I think a clone won't damage the bussines.
I'll be totally discrete.

Please forgive me if that post is ilegal or immoral, tell me and I'll delete it

Thanks

smoguzbenjamin

Don't worry mate ;) I'd give it to you if I had it. But I don't so... :roll:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

RickL

The Gator is a currently produced effect by a company that is still in business. PAiA has been a great resource for the DIY community and I think it would be respectful to them to not post the schematic. If we can agree not to post ZVex schematics I think it's only fair not to post PAiA's either.

One man's opinion, worth what you paid for it.

Rick

Mark Hammer

I'm with Rick on this.  Do note that PAiA *will* sell you a board only, and maybe even a board and manual, for a modest fee.  They are extremely agreeable folks (all the more reason to want to keep them around).  Try their toll-free number and see what you can swing.  Even if you decide it's too much money, if you get a phone chat with John Simonton out of it, I'd consider that every bit as cool as a phone chat with Bob Moog or Bill Lawrence.

Carlos Best

Thank guys

I think i'll have to explain. There was a time, not so long ago, when we could buy things from other countries. We had our money (pesos) equal to dolars. But now the relationship is 1/3. So 15 for a paia booklet for me is 45 pesos (like 45 dollars for you!!!)

And 45 bucks for only the schem of the effect is a lot, don't you think?

Anyway, no problem!!!!!

Forgive me if I offended someone  :oops:

Gringo

Vamos los dos juntos: :cry:BUAAAAAAAAAA!!! Volve Carlitos te perdonamos!!!!!:cry:

No importa Carlos, que de alguna forma siempre nos arreglamos ;)
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Another problem for our South American friends, is that a significant amount of mail from overseas is stolen. It isn't easy!

Carlos Best

BUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I'm not sure whether Carlos is agreeing with me about the postal problems or not, but I have had a number of customers from Brasil who have had relatives or friends visiting Australia pick up pedals personally, giving this reason. The only good thing about difficulties, is that it encourages the DIY spirit!

Carlos Best

I agree with you Paul. For us the southamericans is not easy to buy things by mail. Mainly because the ships are always lost or stolen, and beacuse here in Argentina imported things costs 3/1 more because of the devaluation of our money.
Thats why I CANT buy the schem or the board of The Gator

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

In any case, if the Gator is simply a triggered envelope generator driving a voltage controlled amplifier, perhaps someone here can come up with a modern version! maybe based around the envelope detector in the Dr Quack or similar..

Carlos Best

Thanks for your understanding Paul!!! :)

Nasse

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)In any case, if the Gator is simply a triggered envelope generator driving a voltage controlled amplifier, perhaps someone here can come up with a modern version! maybe based around the envelope detector in the Dr Quack or similar..

Sounds more interesting and more educational solution, and ethical too...
  • SUPPORTER