Mic to Line level converter? stompbox on microphone idea....

Started by Neutral, January 19, 2004, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neutral

O.K, I want to some pedals on to my microphone to use in a live situation. Basicall I want a box with mic I/O XLR plugs and stompbox I/O Jack plugs, a true bypass Stomp switch with LED  and a standard 9v power or 240v if nessesary.
I'm guessing all I need to get back to Mic level from the pedals is a normal DI circuit. But I don't know about Mic to Line conversion.
Can anyone help? :?:

Or has this been invented already and I can simply follow a schematic :)

Thanks

Ansil

hmm i think i got it straight i will post somehting in a hour or so.

Ansil

i got a basic sketch of waht you will need. to get you going.  you can fiddle with it from here..  email me at

austenfantanio@yahoo.com

bobbletrox

So it's a bypass box with XLR inputs and outputs -with an effect loop for stompboxes?  Holy crud...that's a great idea!  I've been plugging XLR>1/4" cables into pedals and it sounds like ass.  A blend knob would be handy...or even dry + wet outputs to send to the PA.

Neutral

That's it Bobbletrox, you worded it clearer than I!

A box to run your mic through with an effects loop that can be patched in and out with a stompswitch.

An extra output for just wet signal is a good idea also, you could wire it so that when the wet signal output is used it takes the wet signal out of the other (dry) one. That way at the mixing desk the mixer gets two faders, one wet and one dry which the singer switches between, and dosen't get wet signal coming through both when you step on it.
A blend knob is also a good idea.

But other than that, it is important to not over complicate things that are going to be on stage, have to be setup quickly, and are designed to save time (in this case save the mixer from patching you effects in as a send on the desk and telling them when to used them blah blah....)

Cheers for the input

Ansil

you know its funny  people come on and ask for help.. and then they don't want it.

bobbletrox

Could you post your solution Ansil?

I wonder if a box like this would need a buffer of some sort because of the different impedences.

Ansil

Quote from: bobbletroxCould you post your solution Ansil?

I wonder if a box like this would need a buffer of some sort because of the different impedences.

i got a basic sketch of waht you will need. to get you going. you can fiddle with it from here.. email me at

austenfantanio@yahoo.com

Neutral

Quoteyou know its funny people come on and ask for help.. and then they don't want it.
Believe me, I need all the help I can get!! :shock:
I've emailed you Ansil, sorry for the delay, I can only get online sometimes.
I fully appreciate your efforts

Ansil

sorry  bad day didnt; mean to take it out on all of you.   i had to fabricate a plastic piece and i dont' have the tools to do so  so i ended up fixing what the dog ate  and made it work properly...

he ate the remoteradio reciever unit for the computer remotecontrol  and its not my computer..  all though i did have a break through on cutin plastic now.. i am going to try to get my little device metal fabricated.  basically its a semi sharp piece of metal  and you screw it into a soldering iron.    you make a basic score and it is ready.