3PDTs soon to be available from Altronics?! (for Aus/NZ)

Started by mikeb, January 20, 2004, 07:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeb

I emailed the Altronics GM today suggesting they carry the 'blue' 3PDTs, and got this response:

---------
RE: 3PDT footswitch.

I have been looking at footswitches for the new catalogue, and we have now added a high quality 3PDT footwitch. Part number S 1153.
I have tested these myself on low level guitar signal and they are alot
better than the S 1150.

Regards,
Brendon Basley
Purchasing Dept.
Altronic Distributors.
---------

I doubt it is the taiwanese model, as otherwise they would have said so (I provided a picture of it). No sign of it in the on-line catalog yet, but I've asked when it will be available. More info as it comes to hand!

edit: they're going to send me a 'sample' to try out for free. Excellent. :twisted:
edit2: Brendon confirmed it is an 'alpha' brand 3PDT, must be the new one that has been talked already

Mike

Guitar Dude

Hey man,
When they finally get them in shops and in their online catalogue, post back ASAP...I've been desperately trying to find 3PDT's in NZ/Aust for about a year now!

Cheers
Tim
Avante Garde Is French For Bullshit

dubs

with the U.S dollar being weak to the Aussie dollar, it's great time to buy 3pdt blue from Aron. They'd probably cheaper than the what they'll sell them at altronics and definitely better quality. I'm gonna buy bulk from him.

Guitar Dude

Yeah, I'd get a whole lot too if I wasn't so poor :cry:
Avante Garde Is French For Bullshit

mikeb

Well, I have access to the 3PDTs at cost price from the USA already if I want 25 or more .... the point is that for people like me who can't afford to have stock sitting around, the Altronics option is very handy. Also, no offense to Aron or anyone else that stocks 3PDTs, I think it is cool to support local businesses and keep money within the country if possible.

Mike

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I've been complaining to Altronics about their X-wings for at least 5 years.. hope it helped! :D

bobbletrox

I still don't know why Jaycar doesn't stock 3PDTs when they already have Taiwanese Xwings.

BONUS BANTER:
I asked my local DSE guys if they knew anything about the component section going and he said: "It wouldn't suprise me".  He also said that Woolworths are getting rid of Tandy and that DSE stores are getting a total overhaul soon.

mikeb

I got a sample of this alpha 3PDT in the mail yesterday - it obviously is a clone of the 'blue' 3PDT switch, which in itself is a clone of the Fulltone switch.  It is exactly the same dimensions as the blue version only ... I can't think of a better way to put this ... feels 'cheaper'. The switch itself is slightly lighter, and when you click it there is less resistance and the 'sound' of the switching isn't quite the solid 'thud' of the 'blue' version. The moulding and the goo surrounding the 9 pins at the bottom has been simplified, I guess to save costs. Annoyingly, the sample didn't come with a nylon washer, but rather a metal one. If I had another I'd open it to see what the internals are like, but I said I'd try it out in one of my pedals .... we'll see how long it lasts!

Mike

mnats

Quote from: bobbletrox
I think it's fair to say DSE staff suck to in that context as well. I never ask people in those places for opinions, I trust my own opinion far more.
BONUS BANTER:
I asked my local DSE guys if they knew anything about the component section going and he said: "It wouldn't suprise me".  He also said that Woolworths are getting rid of Tandy and that DSE stores are getting a total overhaul soon.

Yeah, those DSE guys are clueless about electronics but when it comes to what senior management is up to, mergers and demergers they really know their stuff!

dubs

Know how much they'll be?
I ordered a bunch of blue 3pdt from aron which worked out to be about $9.50AUS including shipping. I doubt that altronics would sell the alpha 3pdt much less than that...

brett

Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

dubs

Go to the 1st post on the top of the forum it will take to the forntpage of this site where there are details or go here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/index2.html

He's just sold out, I must have bought too many!

Chris S

That's Great news. Please post when you know anything more.  :D

Chris S

Just recieved this email today

the S1153 is so new that we do not even have a delivery due date for
them yet. I would say that they should be expected in about 6 weeks.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

While on the subject of footswitches, there must be *TWO* (at least) sources of X-wings, because I was cleaning up my bench (no mean feat!) and sorting the rubble, found six X-wings,. Loking closely, they were from two different sources, one lot were unmarked, the others had a lozenge with YIS inside, plus "TW  UT PAT.N0168574" The strange thing is, I think they all came from Altronics at some time! I did complain a couple of years ago about some faulty X-wings, but I havn't noticed any problems recently.
(when I say lozenge I mean a squashed equilateral quadrilateral)

niftydog

UPDATE:

WES components in Sydney are now carrying the Fulltone 3PDT foot switch. $16.00.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

mikeb

Thanks for that ... it would have been a nightmare to find it in their catalog, that's for sure.

Still cheaper to get them from SB or Aron though.....

Mike

niftydog

they update their stock so often that the cataogue quickly gets outdated. You need to subscribe to their leaflets and keep them someplace handy. But it's still not very user friendly. The fulltone was in one of those leaflets - not the main cat.

Best way is to phone and ask!

But yeah, $16.00 is a fair kick in the teeth!
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Chris S

I spoke to Altronics 2 weeks ago and they said they won't be getting in the 3pdt switches in the foreseeable future  :(

ISC

For Niftydog.. I visited WES in Sydney on Saturday and the guy there had no idea about the Fulltone switches,  Is there a part number for them ?
Altronix won't be getting any because of patent problems with their supplier.
ISC