I need a "vocal" mod for my Bad Horsie

Started by StratScreamer, January 21, 2004, 06:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StratScreamer

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make the bad Horsie more vocal sounding, and maybe increased sweep?

Ansil

Quote from: StratScreamerI was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make the bad Horsie more vocal sounding, and maybe increased sweep?
yep,   loose the whole ldr thing. for one.  and basically build it into a regular box, tahts what i did so i have a standard looking crybaby but i have a kicking bad horsie.   of course you can always change a few components in there to change it back to the clyde mccoy circuit.   the schematic i believe is at fuzz central.

personally the first thing i do is

c5 to a .1uf brings up bass in bypass mode to keep you from loosing your bottom end.

r12 to 56k give the wah some balls

c9  put a switch in there to give you either the .01 a .022  or a .0047

if you do all the other mods you dont' really need this one on the c9.

c14 c15 and c 16 .22uf  see the problem with teh bad horsie is the c14 capacitor it goes into a .01 after using the .22uf no no no no no..  bad  morley.  just replacing this made my buddys pedal sound natural and not "morley"

replace r24 with a 50k resistor and a 100k pot in series.  to help with the sweep.

r15 replace with a 100k pot.  or you can just add in a 50k pot with the resistor inseries.
 this will determine the contour of the wah. basically the last two mods i listed here are what the bad horsie II is..

hope that helps.  if you need any more help drop me an email at  

austenfantanio@yahoo.com

StratScreamer

Thanks Ansil! Just for starters (I don't have time to do more) I added a 10K across R12 just to see what the difference would be. Man it freakin' screamed!

I'm going to work on the other mods this weekend, but that one helped alot.

Ansil