Tonepad.com Off-Boards

Started by Guitar Dude, January 21, 2004, 08:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitar Dude

Hey,
This sounds stupid, I know, but anyway...

I've been making pedals for a while, however, I've only been working on the ones from GGG. I decided to make the MXR Phase 45 and the MXR Bluebox from Tonepad and now that I've completed them, and found that they don't work, I'm looking at the connections and thinking "That don't look right".

The Phase 45 has solder pads for the effect input, effect output, ground, +9v and the pot. I have the effect input going to the bottom-left lug of the (Arrow-style) DPDT switch, the effect output going to the bottom right lug, and the ground going to the input jack (Sleeve, I think). The input jack has all the usual connections (Ground, - battery, switch [Middle-left lug]) however that output jack only has the connection coming from the middle-right lug of the switch. If this were a GGG project it'd have a connection going to the board...whats going on here?

Cheers
Tim
Avante Garde Is French For Bullshit

Bill_F

I had this problem after building some projects from GGG and then doing a Tonepad project. JD puts all the ground points you need on the board but Francisco only puts one. Both work the same really.
It sounds like the output jack needs to be grounded. The tip goes to the switch the ring connects to any gound point. Find the closest or easiest one.