To those of you who sort your parts with coin envelopes...

Started by MRTelec, January 21, 2004, 08:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRTelec

Hi,

I'm going through all my resistors and putting them in 2.5" x 4.25" coin envelopes but I'm definitely not going to be able to fit all the filled envelopes in the box they came in.  How do you guys sort yours?  I was thinking of holepunching them and some how attaching them to a small pole, but I don't know how I'd get them off.   :?   Thanks for the help.

MRTelec

Well, I just finished and to my surprise they fit.  :lol: Thanks anyways.

dr

....go to Staples and get some of those binder rings that come apart in one spot-then sort them out by ranges and hang them on nails or pegs over your bench....all mine are in envelopes glued to the cards of some old Rolodex files I had picked up at a flea market....

MRTelec

Quote from: dr....go to Staples and get some of those binder rings that come apart in one spot-then sort them out by ranges and hang them on nails or pegs over your bench....all mine are in envelopes glued to the cards of some old Rolodex files I had picked up at a flea market....

I was thinking of using rings.   I'll pick some up next time I'm out.  Thanks.

Gilles C

downweverything

i use a small suitcase from a thrift store, looks like mr. beans.  fits plenty of full envelopes

aron

I stack them on end with the value on the face of the envelope. I'm not sure if these are real coin envelopes (that's what I asked for), but they work. The closing metal tabs broke off on some though.

I don't use that many different values of resistors so they fit in a typical box.