To all the "kids" here :)

Started by Peter Snowberg, January 28, 2004, 02:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

Hi all,

After seeing how many of the people here are younger than 18, I just wanted to say that I think it's fantastic that you're all here and working with electronics & music.

After realizing that I'm more than old enough to have kids older than some of the folks here, and having a generally down feeling about where society is headed, you all give me hope. :D

Thank you for your contributions! They mean a great deal!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Take care,
-Peter (always a kid at heart)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Somicide

Awwww, I feel so much better being a teen now.
Peace 'n Love

Alpha579

Thanx Peter!
Its great having all you adults to help us and give us advice!
Alex Fiddes

jimmy

value that man and his knowledge. thanks for the encouragement!!!

and thanks again for the help on my firefly. believe it or not, thats actually going to help me get into year 11 at my current school. they brought in this new system where they kick you out if you cant give them evidence your "gifted" enough to be there. scary thought.

rock on.

cheers
Jim (15 y.o)
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Marcos - Munky

Is vey cool to see that people can make good friends here, and don't care for how old the other peoples are. If the world was like in this forum, it will be a better place to live.

jimmy

"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dan

i like your attitue torward teens more than some adults.
ex: "god damn punks!"
-Dan

smoguzbenjamin

Marcos, I fully agree with you, the world would be a better place :) But it's not so let's cherish our little spot of the interweb where we prove that people can get along fine together regardless of age, race or religion. :)

Sometimes the fact that your age isn't exactly published makes for some fun situations. I have explained the function of something as rudimentary as a pulldown resistor to someone twice my age. The best thing is, the guy listened and he got it first try. It's nice to see that not only the teens here, but also the adults can listen and learn. I think all of us make friends here regardless of age. Take for instance Ansil and I :mrgreen: We get along quite well and he's almost 12 years older than I am, if I'm right he's 28 and I'm 15 (almost 16! :) ) which shows that age doesn't really matter in friendship :) I made a few friends my own age too.

All in all it's great being here! :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

blabj

yeah cool stuff
im still a newb, but when i get enuff money (because, lets face it a 13 year olds salary for a paper round isnt that good:( ), im gonna really get into the effects making...( think of a decent word...) business ( thats the money winner :lol:). also... whats ever1s favorite effect... ever?
minie gotta be my morley pro wah ( got off ebay for $30 :D)
callum
ps yay snow :lol:
pps (i am the brackets king!!!)
Callum
www.By-Default.co.uk :D

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminWe prove that people can get along fine together regardless of age, race or religion. :)

Now you said all. I agree with you and I think all that post and read topics here agree too. Sometimes I imagine the world if age, race and religion don't care for a good friendship. It's bad when you take a look around you and see the things how they really are in this world. In the city that I live, we have minus than 20,000 people, but a big number of people don't like me and my friends because of religion and musical differences, they think we are idiots, satanists and drug users, just because we use black clothes and have a different idea about religion. And if you take a look in the same book that have more than 1000 laws that can control you, you will find in the first laws that you are free to have you own religion, culture and ideas.

smoguzbenjamin

It is called a constitution, my friend and I love that. ;)
However, in the christian bible, the first commandment is "Thou shall have no other God but Me." Hmmm. :?

It's funny though I was writing a paper on racism at school today and concluded that prejudice and not being educated are the main problems that cause discrimination of any kind, be it religion or taste.

Marcos - Munky

I don't like the constitution very much, because the laws that give us freedom to have our own opinions aren't used or aren't known. The people use only the laws that say "people can't do this". About the racism, I think there are two causes, one for race and one for different opinions. The first one is that because we saw in movies and learn in the school that people of "different" races was slaves in the past, and the people that used him as slaves think that they are ignorants and dumbs. The secound one is only ignorance, there are people that think the "right" opinion about religion, music, society, politics and others is the one that they believe, and the different opinions are "wrong".

smoguzbenjamin

Well the fact that the constitution lists those laws and people adhering to them are two different things. See if people don't stick to the constitutional laws about religion etcetera, no-one can do anything about it. Now I think about it those laws are probably there to stop government from turning a democracy into a religious state, like there still is today in places like the Middle East. :?

You are quite right on ignorance, I completely agree with you. However I don't quite get where you're coming from with the "black people are dumb" point of view. That might have been so in the past, but I think most people who are only half intelligent can realise that a black man has the same amount of potential as a white man (or woman). Again prejudice and fear play a big part. People are scared of coloured people because... why actually? I still haven't understood that.

At school we have a student gym teacher, who is a negro, and some of the girls think he's scary because of his skin colour. I actually think he's kinda cool, but that's just 'cause his personality appeals to me 8) I don't think his skin colour should enter into the equation.

People will always think that their opinion is the only 'right' thing, but if they didn't, it wouldn't be their opinion in the first place. It's how people work, but I feel that sometimes you don't have to be so extreme about it. Take the taliban for instance. I think they're sortof over-reacting to the political situation in the world. If everyone would chill out for a bit the world would be better. But hell people don't take the time to relax anymore, except for us, right guys? 8)

Marcos - Munky

The "black people are dumbs" come from the same place that "indian people are dumbs", the past. Some people can read a school book and say "they thinked they are dumb and can be slaves because the culture difference", other can only say "I can't believe that men made another men slave", but don't want to try to know why they became slaves and why they are called dumb, and finally, the racists, who read the book and say "they are dumb and slaves, they don't have any knowledge" because they have a different culture and way to live, and when they became slaves, the "masters" of him didn't know your cultures to see if they are dumb or not, and this vision of men with different color skins didn't stopped in the time, there are lots of people who is inside the third phrase about this :cry: .

RDV

I'm curious now. Are there any black people on this forum? No blacks, no women. What are we, a bunch of misogynistic bigots?

Let me take this opportunity to extend a hand to all genders, races & creeds. Come one, come all, and emerse yourselves in the wonderous world of STOMPBOXES!

Regards

RDV

smoguzbenjamin

I'm sure that many people didn't agree with the slave trade in forgotten times, it just wasn't published much. Oh well don't let em get you down buddy ;) I always shrug any comments about my long curly hair off and go on with whatever I find important :)

I like my long curly hair :D ghehe

edit: RDV I fully agree with you, but be reminded that it is a choice to 'enlist' on the forum ;)

smoguzbenjamin

Forgot to mention: Isn't it ironic that a supportive post by peter turns into a discussion about racism? :)

Marcos - Munky

I like mine too :P. Ben, you have cool ideas, I liked to talk with you. And Ricky, yeah you are right. Sorry if some people didn't liked what I wrote, but it's the truth.

PS: Well reminded, Ricky. I didn't saw any women here. I didn't saw any people from Mexico, Paraguay and lots of countryes too.

smoguzbenjamin

Thanks Marcos I enjoyed talking to you too :)

Somehow women and stompboxes don't mix :mrgreen: Think about it, a girl that makes stompboxes... Stompbox for your birthday, stompbox for X-mas... :mrgreen: Sounds good. Anyway my girlfriend doesn't complain a lot so I'm fine am I not? :D

:mrgreen: I love my girlfriend :mrgreen: