To all the "kids" here :)

Started by Peter Snowberg, January 28, 2004, 02:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

I'm 33 and have friends from teenagers to people their 70s. One thing I find cool is that for most of the people here, I could never guess your age if I tried really hard. :)

Age, sex, race, & religion obviosly don't matter.

Friendship, compassion, and understanding do matter.

I haven't done any stage diving or run around a mosh pit in many years, but I have fond memories of these things from the 1980s. I used to be a long hair too. Now my hair is short (it only goes 1/2 way down my back ;)).

World peace through stompboxes! :D

Quote from: Albert Einstein (1879-1955)"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

puretube

over at HC`s fx-forum, there is a "jadesky" lady, who is very much into sounds and fx-modding;
and not to forget Kate Ebneter, the biggest collector-ess of noise-toys!

aron

Invite that lady here.

Heck OK, I will

aron

She might make and sell pedals. Hard to tell.

ErikMiller

That is, women who stomp on stompboxes....

I just taught my girlfriend how to solder last week. Yeah, she's pretty sexy wielding that Weller iron. :-) She's been a great muse for my pedal projects, originally helping inspire me to seek out Ron Asheton's Stooges tone, making logo suggestions, etc. The second Crucible Fuzz ever built was her birthday present last year. I think her female friends kinda looked sideways at the concept, but her male (mostly fellow musicians) friends thought it was the coolest thing they'd heard of (I've since sold these gentlemen production units).

For whatever reason, there are far fewer female gear addicts. I don't know why that is.

My own darling, whenever I try to emphasize the TONE aspect of playing electric guitar, seems reluctant, as if it's somehow in opposition to the mechanical aspects of playing the instrument.

And while I have female guitar heroes (Joni Mitchell has the best right hand in the business), they ain't so much known for their TONE.

The stoner-girl second guitarist in my own last band could nail the parts after one demonstration (never had a lesson in her life), but I had to set her amp up for her.

I wonder why this is. Should we be doing guitar tone outreach to young women?

jimmy

all the girls i know that play guitar only play acoustic. weird. and theyre not interested in tone either. it shows  :wink:

on the racism thing, i think its just everybody wanting something over someone else, and if they have to pick on one thing, be it only colour, to do it, then so be it. some people truly suck.

ive cant say im a big fan of religion, its nice to belong to something, but theres all those complications that come from it, and contradictions between different religious groups. frustrating.

im a firm believer in karma, however. example: at school, i managed to kick a football onto the roof of one of the buildings, so i climbed up to get it. when i was up there, i lobbed it at one of my mates as a joke. when i went to get down, i hooked my shirt on a nail without realising, and when i dropped down, i ripped all of my buttons off, and had to spend the rest of the day (4 periods  :? ) shirtless.

when i look back on it now preeeeeeeeetty funny. of course it was funny then as well.

Final Thought:
my new religion: church of stompbox
my new race: hard-rocksian
my new colour: TS9 Seasick Green.

cheers
Jim
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Ansil

hmm being a former prison guard i was once asked by an inmate..(probaly cuase the fact that my partner and i greeted each other with a zig heil) "are you racist?"  my reply.."no i hate all of you equally."

puretube

oh, before I forget:
Fran, the greatest FX/Amp-designster I know;
she used to work at E-H, (where she did the Big-Muff re-issue, I think),
after that, she founded "Frantone"...

Mark Hammer

That's a heart-warming bit of trivia, actually.  If I'm not mistaken "Fran" would have been one of the first folks to use LM386's for overdrive boxes in the Hep Cat pedal; a feather in anyone's cap, male or female, old or young.

BTW, she didn't also found the city you indicate living in, did she?  :wink:

puretube

...Franken (english: Franconia) derives its name from ancient times, when the French had conquered large parts of the then Germany (~800 a.d.)
(also see: "Frankfurt").
F. is a part of southern G. (say "around Nuremberg"), which had been usurpated by the wild Bavarians "from Munich" (beer drinkers...) until now.
There is a strong "Independant Franconia" movement here,
versus the Bavarian gov.
That`s why we proudly use that name...
(though I`m not a native here, I`m Dutch descendant of the Hugenots, who fled from their French homelands in the late middle-ages to my now-home-town "Erlangen", which happened to be the world`s largest beer exporter around 1800 to 1850). (before Munich and Milwaukee).
You may find so called "original Erlanger Beer" occasionally in the U.S.

B.t.w.: Fran (the Hep Cat one...) showed me some beautifully designed and manufactured top-end HiFi tube-amps of her`s.

smoguzbenjamin

Tube amps. Ooooooooh. Yup. Life is good 8)

So when are the ladies gonna start posting here?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.