Cool pedal enclosures

Started by sfr, January 28, 2004, 06:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

I was searching for info on Perspex guitars (someday I'll build my Dan Armstrong copy, someday! [I'm a Greg Ginn fan, go figure]) and I ran across this cool Aussie sight :  www.tymguitars.com.au  

Well, of course i click on the pedal link,  (  http://www.tymguitars.com.au/pedals.htm ).  Looks nice - the Big Bottom a cool idea, I like mounting the knobs on the end , but check out the "Cerebus" line!  Aren't those the coolest little enclosures ever?  Looks like they were custom cast or something . . .

While yr at that sight, check out the Perspex (!?)  Mosrite copy - damn cool.  (If I could only find a block of Perspex on eBay . . . )
sent from my orbital space station.

dan

Quote from: srf"Cerebus" line! Aren't those the coolest little enclosures ever? Looks like they were custom cast or something . . .

ya that's what i was thinking. damn cool pedals.
-Dan

Xlrator

They have plenty of room for a battery inside the "pot tower". Those enclosures have a strong retro-look. Really cool.

Has someone searched Australian suppliers for those?
Listen to cKy!

smoguzbenjamin

I like the enclosures... All they seem to make is fuzzboxes though...
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Xlrator

Here's some cool enclosures I made with some aluminum I got at Menards (couldn't find it at HomeDepot). I just measured cut and bent them around pipes and rods to get the proper angle. The one with the blue sides is for my MXR Phase 100 but it is way too tight fit. The selector switch was too big and called Mouser to return it. They just gave me $10 back and said "keep [the switch], sell it, throw it out. It's still yours"!

The aluminum is around 1/8" thich and really strong!! And it's not too heavy for an enclosure. I also put some on a BB box and painted it with Cat Yellow. I wan't to have an industrial theme.  8)

Listen to cKy!

Jason Stout

Jason Stout

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

sfr

Xlrator -

Nice!

how hard was drilling the diamond plate?  

how are you attaching the tops and bottoms?

I wish I could find some good thick aluminum like that around here - back to scrapyard again, I suppose.  

Love the yellow one - that finish looks real nice on the diamond plate.  Never thought of painting that stuff.  Looks great.

jimbob

How/what did u cut the plate?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Xlrator

I used an aluminum cutting wheel on a circular saw. I think it was a DeWalt brand. I used a straight edge and it cut like butter. On the blue box I riveted 4 small "L" brackets that the screws on the bottom grab onto.

The yellow one is before I drilled it but it's held on from the pots and switch nuts. It doesn't need too much anchoring.
Listen to cKy!

jimbob

Somicide

I like the values and diode numbers written on the plywood, very cool.
Peace 'n Love

onboard

I don't know what's more hip, the custom cast tym cerebus with the "pot tower" or Xlrator's diamond plate!!!

Are electrical junction boxes with knockouts still cool? :roll:
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

thumposaurus

Quote from: onboardI don't know what's more hip, the custom cast tym cerebus with the "pot tower" or Xlrator's diamond plate!!!

Are electrical junction boxes with knockouts still cool? :roll:
That's all I've ever used, well that and altoids tins, and teddy bears :lol:
I saw some other electrical conduit thingys at home depot today that I might pick up to mess around with.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

sfr

okay, we need a picture/explanation of the teddy bear.  (I always thought it would be neat to hook Teddy Ruxpin up to a talk box or something)

thumposaurus

http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=17854&highlight=
I built a little gem into an old stuffed bear pictures and explenation are in that thread there.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!