Great Tube Screamer Mods page

Started by aron, January 28, 2004, 06:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Phorhas

Great site... too bad I didn't have those pics before I messed up my TS tring to find parts and modding it...

LOL :)
Electron Pusher

Oliver

cool Site..

by the way - can anybody explain the sounddifference between
the TS Models and the TS-808 ??

Do that two Resistors at the end of the Circuit make a hearable difference (if better or not is the taste from anybody)..

Is it louder?
does it have more Gain?
does it color the overall sound better?

thanx for answeres !

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

Mark Hammer

As with any change to the output impedance, I imagine the impact of changes to resistor values on the output stage may depend greatly on what you feed to pedal to next.  If you send the pedal directly to a tube amp, the change in frequency response may be audible, but if the pedal goes through another 3 or 4 devices before it reaches the amp, I'm not so sure the amp or the pedal coming after the TS will really care.

Chris R

i followed the tonepad photoessay to mod my ts-9 to ts-808 ... I wish i would have taken some sound samples before and after.

to me it was barely noticeable.  but for $1.50 in parts and an hour.. you should try it out for yourself.

after i was done.. i remember thinking.. ok i'm done.. not wow listen to this tone.

C

Arn C.

Howdy!
   I built a modded tubescreamer (keeleys mods) but I put a 3 way rotary switch to switch between : TS808, TS9 and TS10.    There is definitely a difference between the three ,  but not that radical of a difference.  I will try it again real soon and let you guys know the differences more accurately.  Until then rock on!
Peace!
Arn C.

Oliver

Hi and thank you Guys  for your experience with the TS808 Mods

i build a heavy modified Fulldrive2, but buld the TS Section like the
TS9. And i do not absolutely need to rebuild it, if its not nessesary.

But i build another one soon and then i will build it with TS808 specs.
And make an A/B test... :-))

cu
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>