tone bender and mindBender NPN

Started by morthek, February 04, 2004, 04:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morthek

i can´t find no transistor for these schems, it seems that these transistors are not commercials any more, so i want to ask you guys if you know a good transistor for any of these projects and if BC108 is ok to use in MindBender NPN( i have some of these with me :lol: ) . i have all the parts already, just waiting to find them to put together, i really want a old fashioned fuzz  :D .... please help  :oops: ( can´t find 2SB,s or AC128 127)

RDV

Germanium transistors can be found. They are just not cheap. //www.smallbearelec.com has PNP matched sets for Tonebenders and ships worldwide. Also on //www.ebay.com you can usually find some Ge transistors for sale though Smallbear is a safer bet to get what you need without risk.

Regards

RDV

Marcos - Munky

I asked in a store here about the AC128, and the man said that this is a very old transistor.He told me about the AC188 (PNP) and AC187 (NPN), that they have for sell and I think they are still in production, because when I asked for them the man said that he don't have the AC188, but they bought some that will arrive yet, and some days after I went to the store and the AC188s was arrived.

Gearbuilder

Hi,

Well Germs are difficult to find today .There are many reasons about this : first :they're out of production ,second :it depends what model are you looking for AC 128 are very very rare and expensive ,i've found some news (the latest producted) but the Hfe are too high for FF i think the old models (Black ones,from Mullard are the best for me)  (OC74,OC81 are older than AC 128,127,then it's a big big chance to find two or three pieces ) and maybe some other  numbers like the famous NTK 275 'i never see one in Europe during my life
Good luck
Bruno

brian wenz

Hello Hello-
   I've built quite a few silicon tonebenders using  BC182L, BC183, and BC184L.   With proper biasing they sound very good.
Check out Gus'  Hot Silicon for a VERY good silicon TB circuit [also The Rocket].
Brian.