testing hFE with my analog multitester ?

Started by modmod, February 16, 2004, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modmod

hello , i got a sanwa yx-360 multitester with 2 probe , how should i use that to measure the hFE of a transistor ? thanks

smoguzbenjamin

If it doesn't have a special hole for transistor pins, chances are it doesn't have an Hfe meter :?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

modmod

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminIf it doesn't have a special hole for transistor pins, chances are it doesn't have an Hfe meter :?

i forgot to mention there is a "hFE" word right next to the x10 ohm,and ican see the hFE range also from 0 -1000,just wonder where should i measure if there is only 2 probe while transistors have 3 legs

smoguzbenjamin

Wierd. I don't have a clue. I thought Hfe meters only came in special packages with holes for individual pins :? Sorry I can't be any help :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Triffid

petemoore

Each marked EBC,,,one side for PNP and one for NPN.
 I made a 3pin tranny socket with long enough legs...I was haveing troubles making...the contacts are down in there about a half inch...contact especially with Q's I'd trimmed the legs short...a 3 pin length of IC socket, a piece of perf, and a few resistor leads I'd saved...3 minutes of soldering...now anything that goes in a tranny socket I can connect to the meter reliably.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

niftydog

Quotehow should i use that to measure the hFE of a transistor ?

You may need external equipement to do this measurement.  Sorry, you'll have to consult the manual if you've got it!

If you can wait a while, I can check my manual for my analogue meter and it may give us some ideas.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)