Boss OD-1 Schematic?

Started by phillip, February 17, 2004, 03:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

Does anyone have a copy of the Boss OD-1 schematic?  All the links to the OD-1 schematics in the Schematics 1 and Schematics 2 page are dead.

TIA!
Phillip

Joep

Hi Philip,

Check you mail!

Bye,

Joep

phillip

Somicide

Wow, somebody actually has a copy of that?  Would you mind sending that my way, too please?
Peace 'n Love

Joep

PM me with your e-mail address.....

phillip

I'll post a freshly redrawn copy of the schematic later this evening :)  

It's a LOT like the SD-1 with the 4558, asymmetrical clipping, etc., but without the tone control.

Phillip

Joep

phillip

petemoore

Exotic looking...Alot of different type parts and a pretty extensive circuit for an OD.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

phillip

Most of it is the JFET electronic switching.  With the electronic switching removed the parts count would drop by about 50% (maybe more).

Phillip

toneman

Hey Phil,
thanx 4 the schemo
turns out i did not have it.
staytuned
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Somicide

and how would one remove the electronic switching (to make for simpler true bypass)?
Peace 'n Love

Somicide

Many thanks, I've wanted to tackle one of these for awhile!
Peace 'n Love

WGTP

I wonder if that first op amp is overdriving the second one, asymmetrically of coarse.   :shock:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Mr.Huge

Actually, there are 2 versions of the OD-1. The first used a quad op-amp with a voltage follower as the first stage.
I have the schematic at home somewhere.
BEN:   Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

LUKE:   But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters...

VADER:   I find your lack of faith disturbing.

phillip

Mr. Huge, if you find the schematic for the first OD-1, could you email it to me?  I'd like to redraw and post that version, too :)

Phillip

smoguzbenjamin

Removing the FET switching is actually quite easy once you learn to recognize it ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Ben N

I imagine you could simplify still further by losing the input and output buffers.  (Then you'd be getting pretty close to an asymetric Son of Screamer.)

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

smoguzbenjamin

Well I like buffers. Why not leave them in?
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.