Colorsound Wah Schematic

Started by Exactopposite, February 17, 2004, 09:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exactopposite

first off, this is my first post here. i'm glad i found this place. i went college for electronics and i had been wanting to start building and modding eefcts but i didn't know where to start. looks like there is a wealth of knowledge on here.

I have a colorsound wah reissue that i really love. i don't want to mod it , but i do want the schematic in case something happens to it. the only colorsound wah schematic i have is from a wah/fuzz pedal but it's not the same as the one i have. (it's a different drawing but the same as the scematic at fuzz central)

i do want to use the schematic i have to build another one to experiment with and compare to mine.

can anybody help me with this?

Mike Burgundy

I believe there are different versions for thsi thing. I own an original one, which is *very* close to a Vox.
If noone comes up with a schem I could open it up - it's not a difficult schematic at all.
Read The Technology Of The WahWah at GEO
( http://www.geofex.com/ )
good stuff

Exactopposite

Quote from: Mike BurgundyI believe there are different versions for thsi thing. I own an original one, which is *very* close to a Vox.
If noone comes up with a schem I could open it up - it's not a difficult schematic at all.
Read The Technology Of The WahWah at GEO
( http://www.geofex.com/ )
good stuff

yeah there aren't very many components in it at all. as far as building one for myself i have a schematic but it's not the same as the uni that i have. there were colorsound wah's with and without inductors. mine has no inductors but the schematic i have does.

which flavor is yours?

Mike Burgundy

I have the inductor one, like I said it's almost a Vox. Couple of different parts, more dramatic sound.
A No-Inductor wah will probably be some kind of twin-T circuit.
You could try to take digital pics from top and bottom of the pcb  - it's pretty easy to construct a schem from that.

Exactopposite

Quote from: Mike BurgundyI have the inductor one, like I said it's almost a Vox. Couple of different parts, more dramatic sound.
A No-Inductor wah will probably be some kind of twin-T circuit.
You could try to take digital pics from top and bottom of the pcb  - it's pretty easy to construct a schem from that.

hey that's a great idea. i never really thought of that. i'm getting a strat 2moro and i can't wait to see what the wah sounds like with it. i have been using it with humbuckers for a long time but if wah is your thing, there is nothing like single coils and a wah.

uncle boko

I suspect their old pedals are not a million miles from equivalent EH pedals. I remember opening up a Jet Phaser when trying one way back and it used 3094 chips.
better to be in bad taste than to taste bad

Mike Burgundy

Not too unlikely (JumboTB vs BigMuff, or a SupaTB....) - but did EH have an inductorless wah? Maybe Maestro, or other contemporaries.
I wouldn't be surprised if we could rather quickly set up a schem from the two pics - let's see...

Gus

There was a schematic on the web in the past.  IIRC it is a twin tee design.

Gus