sources for opamps

Started by Exactopposite, February 18, 2004, 12:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exactopposite

what is a good source for opamps? i am getting a ts7 with a tl072 in it and i want to just intall a socket and try some different opamps in it. if i find something that i really like in it i'll try to come up with a wya to rig up a better switch in it or rehouse it all together. i'm open to suggestins on what opamps to try. when i get the pedal and the chips here i'll try to record some clips of it with each chip and post them for comparison's sake.

also, where could i find some odd colored LED's? like keeley uses the blue led kind of as a signature thing for example. i want to use something for all my pedals. (but i don't plan on selling any)

maybe mouser might be a good place to find these things but i can't seem to locate my catalog right now.

smoguzbenjamin

Try small bear (//www.smallbearelec.com), they have lots of stuff geared for stompboxes ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Hal

rat shack has a bunch of LEDs, although very expensive...

Exactopposite

Quote from: Halrat shack has a bunch of LEDs, although very expensive...

thanx for the info, but after a past experience i don't do business with them. i have found the color i'm looking for in the mouser catalog but they are larger than what i want.

purple is the color i have in mind.

AL

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Never used them but they have a good selection and decent prices.

AL

phillip

The TS7 has the JRC4558D.  There are room for mods though, like the Burr Brown chips, etc.

Phillip

Exactopposite

Quote from: phillipThe TS7 has the JRC4558D.  There are room for mods though, like the Burr Brown chips, etc.

Phillip

yeah i know. the one i was talking about was modded already and had a tl072 put in it. i decided not to buy it tho because since i can mod one myself i don't think it's worth the price the guy was asking for it.

i am considering building a tube screamer as my first pedal project tho. i've never built any pedals but i went to college for electronics, so i'm sure i can handle the electronic aspect of it.

thanx for your reply

javacody

I would buy a TS-5. You can pick 'em up for  about $20 on ebay. If you wreck it, no biggie.

yano

You can get hooked up with op amps from the companies that manufactur them. Most large companies have a free samples program. I just got 10 NE5532s from Texas Instruments, they overnighted them for free!

Somicide

onsemi.com also works well, delivery time isnt as quick as Ti.com, but still fairly good
Peace 'n Love