Email Notification Of Replies - Peter/Aron?

Started by Paul Marossy, February 18, 2004, 04:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Anyone else not getting an email notification when someone has made a reply to a post that you made? Mine recently doesn't work anymore. I tried changing my profile (which didn't change), but that was to no effect...

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Peter Snowberg

Sorry, I have no idea. All I do is remove double posts and correct an occasional phpBB tag in a link. That would be Aron's department.

You can't modify your profile? That seems odd. Version 2.0.6 is VERY popular so I can't image it being a bug in the forum code.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

aron

I looked and always notify me of replies is on for your profile.

strange....

Paul Marossy

Well, I didn't say it wouldn't let me change it in my profile. But, changing it does nothing...

I didn't get any email notification to any of your replies, either. Would it have anything to do with the cookies on my computer (not chocolate chip  :wink: )?

It does it on my computer at work or home, so I tend to think that it's something with my profile at the forum. Unless, maybe I accidently reported one of those messages to AT&T as spam for my email address...

OK, I'll try a different email adress and see if that works.

Paul Marossy

Peter Snowberg

I tried turning that feature on for this thread and it works for me.

I've been having a lot of trouble with cookies here lately. The new post marking has become useless for me because it constantly resets now. I've manually deleted all the diystompboxes cookies on my machine too. :? Hmmmmm.....

Best of luck on figuring it out.

Take care,
-Peter

aron

Darn software.

I guess Peter needs to rewrite the whole thing.

JUST JOKING!!!!!!  :D

Paul Marossy

I changed my profile to use a different email address, but still no go.  :cry:

Craig V

I don't get any either - haven't since about late December.

I think in December, AOL enacted a new spam filter - is your email AOL?  If so, than that could be why.

Peter Snowberg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll do it if you want to support me financially! ;)

-Peter

GuitarLord5000

I've got AOL and have no problems with getting email replies.  Only problem I've ever had was those annoying "invalid session" remarks when trying to post.  But, no problems anymore!
Of course, I've got an older version of AOL.  Something like 7.0 or something.  I had lotsa troubles with 8.0 and couldn't get 9.0 optimized to even work on my computer.  AOL sucks.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Paul Marossy

I have AT&T. Maybe the spam filter thinks it's spam all of the sudden. It didn't for at least 9 months, though.  :?

Mike Burgundy

I did notice getting a few replies I didn't ask for, but hey...it all levels out in the end i guess ;)

GuitarLord5000

I recant my previous statement.  No more email replies for me.  I dunno what happened.  It was kinda all of a sudden.  Shortly after posting on this thread in fact.
Hey Paul, what kind of voodoo are you putting on my computer?  :lol:
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Paul Marossy

Sorry, no bad voodoo intended or dished out.  :wink:

I am 95% sure that I didn't accidently report any of those notifications as spam to my ISP.  I still think it may be something with the forum software. I tried changing to one of my other, less used email addresses, and it still didn't send me a notification. It may be some kind of error in my "profile file". But, I'm no expert here...

GuitarLord5000

Im not really sure what happened.  Suddenly, AOL recognized all of the email reply notifications from this site as spam.  I'll check around to other forums I frequent and see if it's the same.

Edit:  Ok...I've started getting the email notifications again.  Only problem is, I got a notification for ONE thread, but it sent me to a completely OTHER thread.  Verrrrry Interesting?

On a completely different note...Paul, if you wouldnt mind, I'd like you to post a topic about the jfet preamp circuit on your site.  Y'know, give us the pros and cons and whatnot.

puretube

for me, replies are still working as of now (no AOL/AT&T...)

Paul Marossy

"On a completely different note...Paul, if you wouldnt mind, I'd like you to post a topic about the jfet preamp circuit on your site. Y'know, give us the pros and cons and whatnot."

Which one are you referring to? The on-board guitar one or the JFET Audio Mixer?

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.