What is a M5207 IC?

Started by william, February 20, 2004, 02:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william

I'm working on a schematic for a pedal and have come up to this IC.  I've done some looking on both mouser and digikey as well as some Google searches and cannot find a datasheet for it.  I'm pretty sure its part of the switching on this boss pedal.  The chip has 134000 then M5207L01 written directly below that.  It's an inline 10 pin IC.  A pinout for this chip would be great.  Thanks.

William

GuitarLord5000

Sorry Man, cant help you.  I searched the web for the chip and only came up with pay sites.  And one UNUSUAL site that gave me a reply such as "you ip address has been logged as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and the proper authorities have been notified."

Boy, the internet is a strange place.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Nick123

M5207  is  a  low  noise  VCA.
As  far  as  I  know  BOSS  tremolo TR2  and  noise
gate  NS2  uses  this  IC.
You  can   experiment  with  usual  suspects -
CA3080E, LM13600/700  and  BA6110   to  name  a  few.

william

I'm trying to make a schematic for the NS-2 actually.  I just need to know what the pinout is so I can continue with the schematic.

Zero the hero

It's strange, I cannot find any datasheet of mitshubishi chips... I've spent many hours on the net, but I've found nothing usefull...

william

Yea, same here.  It's very fustrating because its the only one I don't have any information on, so thus the one that's preventing me from continuing.

Nick123

I  have  got  a  NS2  schematic  and
I  will  try to  scan  it  this  weekend .

smoguzbenjamin

Nick, would you mind sending that over to me? Cheers :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Zero the hero

GuitarLord5000

Hey, Nick...Could you send it to me also?  Thanx.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

william

sIckness, thanks for the pdf, that will help me out alot.  Nick, I will send out a zip file with all I've done thus far.  If you could, i'd like to see the schematic you have as well.  Thanks.

Maneco

Hi,
i wish to had that schematic,the ns2...i was thinking about adapting a modern vca with better specs that the usual suspected..i could help :wink:

manecolooper@darksites.coom

thanks!!!!

rody82

Did anyone built a DIY  BOSS NS2 ?

Maybe replacing that obsolete M5207L01 chip is not that easy...
(however this pedal is still in production.)
I understand that this chip can attenuate a signal by a 0-1V control voltage.
Someone said here this could be done with a CA3080 or similar OTA... how??

Maybe its just easier to buy one?

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

rody82

Yes i know.  I both have the NS2 schematic and the M5207 datasheet already, but dont know
how to substitute that obsolete IC. Wonder if there's a widely availabe chip for that. (a dual
or a single low noise VCA)
There were some here who said they'll try to come up with a modernized schematic... wonder
if they succeed :)
Some say look at the diy synth forum, but i dont know one...

bye
Rody

gez

Haven't tried it but Rapid sell this VCA:

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=&STK_PROD_CODE=M60724&XPAGENO=1

No idea if it's suited for this application (or something similar) as I haven't got round to scanning through Stephen's schem yet (thanks again!)...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

A.S.P.

THAT`s putting a F*rr*r*- motor into a F*at...
Analogue Signal Processing

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

The Behringer foot rocker volume pedal, contains a dual VCA, in a ten pin single in line package. And it's in production. That's the good news...
The bad news is that it's the M5241L made by Mitsubishi. So I doubt that Digikey etc have it.. maybe one of our members from the East can give a suggestion, anyone in Singapore for example?

gez

Quote from: A.S.P. on October 04, 2005, 10:10:56 AM
THAT`s putting a F*rr*r*- motor into a F*at...

Or BMW into a Trabi?

:icon_razz:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter