Bass Effects (searching for Schematics)

Started by Oliver, February 20, 2004, 11:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Hello,

im searching some Schematics for Bass Effects, because i want to build
an Effect for a Friend.

I search for a Bass Fuzz (if possible) and TubeOverdrive/Distortion for Bass.
And if someone knows, the SansAmp for Bass.. would be nice.

Perhaps i can take a GuitarEffect and change some PartValues to use it
as a Bass Effect??

Some Suggestions`?

Thank You

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

petemoore

Yer basic guitar circuits may work for bass, re-tuning of some caps may be necessary for optimal bass performance.
 There are schematics around that use input cap switch to render different values suggested for bass or guitar.
 There should be more output from a typical Bass guitar compared to ghuitar, so pre-attenuation [bass G volume?], or reducing internal gain might be worth messing with in some cases.
  I let a Bill/Bass guitar try the Big Muff, we think it happened to worked great between his B.Guitar and a big SS Bass amp.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

DaKurt

http://www.runoffgroove.com/bazz.html

I built the BazzFuss Deluxe for a friend. He really likes ist. It goes from a Slap-sound to a sound where everything sounds like a big dark storm :)

petemoore

Trying something reasonably high gain and simple, like the Stupid Box or the Tube Reamer, you could get 'tuning for bass' part swapping results general ideas quickly being it is low parts count.
 Amps may have a hard time reproducing 'likable' deeper bass Fuzz, without becoming muddy.
  splitting the frequencies, running the high end through the Fuzz [+phaze?] circuit, and running the lower end through Boost or compression may yield interesting Bass effects. You would have to split for separate signal paths then mix at the end.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

DaKurt

ah, I have to post it :)

Isn't it beautiful?

smoguzbenjamin

Looks good, DaKurt! Nice. Well an envelope filter for bass would be cool, maybe you can play around with a Dr. Quack for a bit and see what you can achieve...
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

BILLYL

Try the BAZZ FUZZ - mentioned above.  Easy build - and really is very nice for a Bass as well as a guitar.

Oliver

Oh thanx for your posting and suggestions... im going to try that BuzzFuzz

Thank You!

Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

MarkB

Rain Dog

Quote from: OliverHello,

And if someone knows, the SansAmp for Bass.. would be nice.

Oliver
Is there any information on what makes the Sansamp Bass DI tick? Schematics? Clones? Theories? Wild Guesses?
This space for rent.

Rain Dog

This space for rent.

ejbasses

I would like to see ah bass driver DI schematic too. anybody have one?

c'mon guys!
Four Strings To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them

LP Hovercraft

The Maestro Bass Brassmaster provides seperate knobs for wet and dry signal.  It's a pretty groovy sounding fuzz, too.  Much like the Acoustic 360's fuzz section.  Schem and layout are available at geofex.com, I believe.