soldering irons

Started by Brian Marshall, February 21, 2004, 04:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapped

My radio shack iron burned out and I couldn't get the part. I decided to do a search and thanks to all of you I ordered the $39 Xytronics station and the 63/37 solder. I'm psyched to have a hassle free soldering experience now.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Here's a soldering station 'heads up' for Australia, Dick Smith has a $99 Aust (that is $75 or so US$) solderign station advertised in the November Silicon Chip mag.
Now I have bagged Dick Smith in the past (and will again doubtless) but, it is possible that this is a useful cheap regulated soldering station. Just make sure you get a bunch of spare tips. And don't ask the staff whichend to hold :wink:

niftydog

in fact, in some Dick Smith stores they have a glut of the T1976 soldering station, reduced from $80 or so to $50. Only trouble is that tips are only stocked as spare parts, meaning you need to order them in as they are not kept on the shelves.

With the money I saved I could buy 5 spare tips!
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Satch12879

Quote from: arielfxI bought the WES51 from Weller just because I know I can always get parts for it even in ten years... And I was lucky because something went wrong with it one day after it did not turn on (micro chip died?) so Weller just sent me a new panel.

+1 on the WES51.  I bought mine from Mouser I believe and put it aside when I went away to grad school last year - never even turned it on.  I came home this past summer and fired it up to find it didn't work.  Called Weller up and they gave me a return/repair number, had it back and working a week later with no problems at all.

Have a restock order coming, and the 63/37 is on it...
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

Brian Marshall

who keeps waking up this old thread???????????????? :D