Schematic for Boss DM-2 Analog Delay?

Started by phillip, February 23, 2004, 11:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

Is there a schematic for the Boss DM-2 Analog Delay anywhere?  I got one in for repairs from a guy today and the LED isn't even coming on when the pedal is depressed, but I've tested the resistance on the switch to make sure that it's working, and it appears to be.

If there isn't a schematic, then we have an opportunity to generate a schematic for it.  I could scan the back of the circuit board (the trace side) and do a component overlay....  The DM-2s on eBay are selling for major bucks!

Phillip

toneless

I had a problem with a DM-3 a few days ago and i succesfully solved it using an audio probe!
Keep in mind to look for simple things first.For example damaged jacks,
broken joints etc.

Good luck

phillip

Okay, I've taken pictures of the pedal, inside and out, and also scanned the solder side of the circuit board and made a component overlay.  Almost all of the resistors are mounted on the circuit board vertically...standing on one end with the other lead bent down parallel to the body of the resistor.  It's amazing how much stuff they can fit on such a small board ;)  After looking over the schematic and comparing ICs, this pedal is Version 2.

The pedal worked...the LED didn't light though.  There was a bad solder joint on that little LED circuit board that screws up against the top of the box.  All's working fine now.  I just wonder if I could buy it off the guy for $20 ;)

Phillip

smoguzbenjamin

Looks pretty beat up :D Pretty cool though a Boss analog delay :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

phillip

It belongs to a 70-something year old pedal steel and lap steel player...it's probably been on the road and underfoot since the day he bought it ;)  DM-2 analog delays in the same condition have sold for $150+ on eBay.  Ones in better condition regularly sell for over $200.

Phillip

tele_guitarist

what happened to the schem from general guitar gadgets?