the art of the box

Started by Greg M., February 23, 2004, 11:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilles C

I have an aluminium briefcase like the one pictured.

I also want to use it for guitar effects, but the problem is that most of them are already in boxes  :x

And everytime I see Jack's pedals (AMZ), it makes me want to use a Celtic design for my next effect. (Well, Jack, yours may not be Celtic, but it reminds me of that...)

Ahhhh, it's nice to see designs that give you some inspiration for our own boxes...

BTW, I ordered a cheap airbrush that I should use on my next effect.

I hope it's good enough for that

Gilles

claydavis

Quote from: YouArehey clay davis, how did you do those works of art?! i need to make a pedal, and i need aaaall the help i can get, can some1 help me out with a design too?

as far as the painting, you just really need to experiment. i used 4 or 5 colors of spraypaint on the tremulus. i put on a solid base coat, baked and sanded it, then misted on the other colors (light spray from about 18-20" away, layered them in from the edges, dark to light), then baked and sanded again. the labels are water-slide laser decals. i clearcoat and sand the finished paint, apply the decals, then clearcoat, sand, and clearcoat again.

the triwave was pretty much painted and labeled the same way. i hate the colors (red and purple?!?), but that's what my brother wanted, and i think the design came out well. if i remember correctly, the control panel is 22-ga steel sheet, attached to the box with 3/4" aluminum angle and excessive profanity. metal-working with a dremel tool is an exercise in patience.

clay

YouAre

To claydavis, come online AIM soon, i wanna talk abt this stuff.

claydavis

Quote from: YouAreTo claydavis, come online AIM soon, i wanna talk abt this stuff.

i'm rarely on aim, and i'm currently at work. feel free to email me, though.