This looks familiar - Ebay

Started by smoguzbenjamin, February 24, 2004, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Doug H

The sound clips sound nice.

http://www.subdecay.com/

Brian, how did you do clip 7? That sounds cool! Also, is clip 8 meant to be the "TS" sound?

Doug

RDV

I've built this box myself & it's quite a nice OD. If you go to my band's website http://www.theintention.com/the_band, there's a song playing in the background on this page where I use my Stupid Box(w/a strat & marshall) for both solos. I built mine with a leftover LM741 I had, but it's just like Brian's other than that. Hang in there, it's a 6:00+ song!

Regards

RDV

Doug H

Quote from: RDVI've built this box myself & it's quite a nice OD. If you go to my band's website http://www.theintention.com/the_band, there's a song playing in the background on this page where I use my Stupid Box(w/a strat & marshall) for both solos. I built mine with a leftover LM741 I had, but it's just like Brian's other than that. Hang in there, it's a 6:00+ song!

Regards

RDV

OT, but that is a real nice sounding song. Your band has a real mature sound. Who is playing the keys? I'll have to get over there and see you guys sometime. We go to Busch Gardens a lot so we get over to Tampa fairly regularly.

I will have to give the stupid box (sounds funny- that damn stupid box! :D ) a whirl on the breadboard.

Doug

RDV

Quote from: Doug HOT, but that is a real nice sounding song. Your band has a real mature sound. Who is playing the keys? I'll have to get over there and see you guys sometime. We go to Busch Gardens a lot so we get over to Tampa fairly regularly.
Thanks! The Hammond organ player is the engineer, Pete King(although our bass player is doing the wurlitzer sounding piano). He's a monster player and engineer! We sound mature cause we're all fossils! The drummer is the baby @ 39! If you come see us let me know cause I'd love to meet you.

Regards

RDV

saros141

[quote="Doug H
that is a real nice sounding song.[/quote]

I second that! 8)

smoguzbenjamin

Nice one RDV ;) Even my girlfriend likes it :D Where can I buy your CD? :mrgreen:

RDV

You've probably figured it out by now but there are two other tunes on the site. They play on the home page, the story & the band. We're waiting for the CD to be pressed, but it should be soon. There's just five songs. It's our first stab at something like this. We found a financial backer who paid for the sessions & CD printing, and he thinks he can get a record deal with this stuff, who knows, maybe there's some sort of market for old fat bald white guys. I think all the info is on the site.

Regards

RDV

smoguzbenjamin

Brian Marshall

Quote from: Doug HThe sound clips sound nice.

http://www.subdecay.com/

Brian, how did you do clip 7? That sounds cool! Also, is clip 8 meant to be the "TS" sound?

Doug

7 was an ebow.... i need to do some editing and disclaim that, otherwise someone is going to get mad after buying one some day.

8 is its low gain sound... sort of TS9ish, but not as much high end, and upper mids.  it really is more suited as a distortion than a straight out overdrive.  sounds best loud, unlike most boss/DOD pedals that sound good at bedroom levels, but sound bad loud

WGTP

Some how I missed the stupid box scheme.  Is it in with the others?
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Nasse

:roll: I was watching nightmares at night and dreamed about voltage controlled fuzz, and discovered another cool name for a distortion:

Intelligent Stupidity Box
  • SUPPORTER

Brian Marshall

there is already one called the stupidity box.  i found it a couple weeks ago, but dont remember where, or what it did.

wow about the 'super smart mentally challenged cube shaped corugated tone altering device'

Jun

Quote from: Brian Marshallthere is already one called the stupidity box.  i found it a couple weeks ago, but dont remember where, or what it did.

wow about the 'super smart mentally challenged cube shaped corugated tone altering device'

I think you are referring to Tim Escobedo's jrc386 based amp/disto box.
Jun