Soldering Discovery

Started by Lonehdrider, February 25, 2004, 04:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonehdrider

After much quantitative analysis and repeated experiments, I've come to the conclusion that the silver buss wire does not work as solder worth a damn.. The experiment was done a few hundred times picking it up attempting to solder something with it, it seemed to have no effect. Just wanted to share my brilliant discovery to those who have experimented with it themselves...  :roll:

Regards,

Lone
With all the dozen's of blues songs that start "Gonna get up in the morning" , its a fact that blues musicians are apparently the only ones that actually get up in the MORNING...

Brett Clark

It actually will begin to flow at the orange-hot state, but that's a bit hot for most components...

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

The other thing about soldering with plated bus wires, is that as you wait (forever) for it to melt, your fingers holding it burn. Don't ask me how I know this  :shock: :oops:

BILLYL

I tried that very experiment the other day.  I too came to the same conclusion.  So now the buss wire is far from the field of work.

BILL   :D

Noplasticrobots

I thought buss wire was for running connections on perf or vero?
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Dai H.

how did you manage that? Did you remove the labels from your solder spool or something? lol...

Noplasticrobots

Oops...I see what's happened!
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

markm

Quote from: BILLYL on February 26, 2004, 07:22:02 AM
I tried that very experiment the other day.  I too came to the same conclusion.  So now the buss wire is far from the field of work.

BILL   :D

I've been there before too!