Previous topic - Next topic

Jered

If you get bored just painting your boxes, you can always try glitter Jered

Jered

J.Nadge

Hey Jered,

I can't get these to work (either)!

Ansil

stilllll couldn't get it tow rok  but i have done this on a guitar before the confetti type glitter..  good i dea there jered.  have you ever treid color sand

smoguzbenjamin

I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Jered

Rrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg.........................

Jered

Might have to copy and paste this but this better work, or I'm........
  http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jered1011/my_photos

Jered

Jered

OK that last one worked for me, I hope for everyone else too.  Jered

Lonehdrider

Worked for me, I liked it, good idea! Is there any clear coat on top of it or anything? It'd be a great finish if it had like a poly bar top like coating on top of it so the glitter doesn't come off, otherwise, you end up on stage with glitter on your face and unless your into 'glitter rock' sorry couldn't resist... hehe.. :D

Regards,

Lone
With all the dozen's of blues songs that start "Gonna get up in the morning" , its a fact that blues musicians are apparently the only ones that actually get up in the MORNING...

Jered

Yes, a final layer of clearcoat is needed so you don't leave a trail of glitter where ever you go. I found using the slow drying (2hr) clearcoat  gives more time for applying the glitter. Wipe the box thoroughly with denatured alcohol to remove the oils from touching the box, then clearcoat, glitter, clearcoat, glitter, etc...
  Jered

sfr

wow! that certainly beats my paint alternative - (Rustoleum rubber coating like you use on the end of a hammer) Looks really nice!
sent from my orbital space station.

Lonehdrider

Cool on the clearcoat, I'll be doing that on one of my boxes eventually, thats a great technique, thanks. Oh yeah, the rubber coating reminded me of perhaps using "Dip-it" as a alternative, it comes in red, yellow, black and I think green, its the stuff you dip tools in to insulate them. They have it in spray in black, I used it on my rear tailight assemby on my 72 z car when I re-did it and it worked really well, but was ahem, flat black, the dip is glossy and rubbery. (So finger prints and blood can be wiped off it if you need to whack a drunk in the club with your stomp box...) Ooops, did I say that out loud? :D

Regards,

Lone

Ps: I think it was mentioned before, but a stuff called Hammerite will give you a finish not unlike the earlier arbiter fuzzfaces, sort of a tool steel grey or green or black finish.
With all the dozen's of blues songs that start "Gonna get up in the morning" , its a fact that blues musicians are apparently the only ones that actually get up in the MORNING...

Paul Marossy

I like those, they are cool looking. Guitar player chicks would love 'em.  :wink:

Don't take that wrong now...  :wink:

smoguzbenjamin

Dipping pedals in liquid rubber sounds cool. You could call it "total grip" or something :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Ed Rembold

Jered,
The glitter finish looks very cool.
You own some sweet guitars, my friend.
but, I didn't see your dual recto in the amps section.
Still have it?

Thanks , Ed R.

ian87

nice! i get a similar finish using Duplicolor Mirage paints. :)

Jered

Hi Ed, yes I've still got the Recto, though it doesn't sound like a stock recto anymore. Changed the 220k plate resistoes to 100k and changed/removed some by-pass caps. Finally got rid of the buzzy gain that I hated. I've got pics of it I just haven't uploaded them yet.
 Ian87, I like your boxes, is that a type of spray paint? Glitter effect AND you can label them, very nice.
 Jered

lightningfingers

fsck....how do you guys do that?

i cant paint i have to make do with "smith kendon" sweet cans

http://home.zonnet.nl/osbruil/images/main/mf.gif
U N D E F I N E D

Roland

Here's a close look at a pedal that has been using a type of glitter since 1994. I believe zvex even uses glitter.

http://www.quadrant.net/axisresearch/FuzzFazewithAlien.gif