small bear elec ?!?

Started by arielfx, February 29, 2004, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arielfx

smoguzbenjamin

I don't think so :? It's kinda vague if you ask me. I need to place an order with him!
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Joep

Steve quit his regular job to work 100% for Small Bear so actually to serve us 100% which is good news!!

Small Bear is a great place to order stuff, the service is great and for me (from Holland!!) it is fort a lot of stuff the cheapest place to get it.

Thanks SD!!

Bye,

Joep

arielfx

the truth is that i do not know what to understand from that. small bear should stay around forever - i would hate to deal with others.

eliktronik

Hey Steve, maybe the solution is to use a computerized inventory system. I'm willing to bet (and just checked) that something like that exists for linux. Best part is it's free, and doesn't require a fast computer. Let me know if I could help you out in any way.

spongebob

I second what eliktronik said, there are a lot of free ecommerce solutions available at sourceforge.net, osCommerce for example seems to be very popular. A software solution like that might help to reduce organizational overhead, especially when it comes to order handling and keeping track of inventory.

jimbob

? I agree, was up? I placed an order 2-3 days ago w/o response(still). Im sure hes just busy. We all need a life outside of work, i guess.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

arielfx

oscommerce is well built BUT if the secure server is not located at your address you won't be able to use it. i've looked at many free solutions at one time and nothing will do the job better than a custom built one.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Steve is defiitely hard at it, supplying DIY components. I think his statement here was worded a bit vaguely (he wa probably worn out from matching fuzz Ge transistors!).

Mike Burgundy

Got me scared for the first bit as well, but it's clearer when you read on and reflect a little bit:
Steve's working hard but may be (judging from the text) somewhat baffled as to how to keep things together while supplying all demand.
We're just giving the guy so much business he doesn't know what to do with it! (yet)
...And he deserves it. He'll figure it out, and he'll be here for this community.
For this, Steve, thank you.
Now everyone go out(well, stay in, behind a computer) and order some SB stuff. If the delivery isn't up to SB spec time-wise, just order more 'till he's got it down ;)

arielfx

:lol:
Lets all order some stuff at about $100 per order. So let's say that 40 people will order goods - that's $4000. I am sure that with the profit he can get someone to solve everything for him.  :)

I remember when I used to have a storage problem, but in my case things ended up above the cabinet and not only inside it (and maybe some under it and a few things at the desk as well).

GuitarLord5000

I ordered from Small Bear a few weeks ago and, while it took a while to get a contact email from Steve, it was well worth the wait.  I would rather Steve be balls-to-the-wall busy and having trouble finding time for a personal life than trying to figure out how to pay the bills with little to no income.  Im sure he and his wife will figure out a way to even it out, and still maintain a family life.  I'm more that willing to wait the extra time for orders and emails while they sort everything out.  And Steve...thanks buddy!  May the "Cave" be forever bountiful!
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

troubledtom

steve will be back, he's going thru changes , most likley.  or maybe he's gonna work for electroharmonix :shock: . well see............ :oops:
- tom

keko

QuoteWe used to "put our thoughts to paper"; somehow, putting my thoughts to screen doesn't compute (No throwing tomatoes, please). Maybe I should call this the "Bear Blog"

I think we don't have to worry. The man is of course a little tired. I know it's not easy to give up your full time job. I know 'cause I just did a couple of weeks ago. But I'm sure that passion drove that decision (and of course a little math too).

I think he just needs to realize what he is going to need, and what he is going to do to keep things running efficiently. There WILL be worries in the path, but nothing impossible to overcome.

I've wathced over the years how this forum has become a community, where people not only talkes about electronics, but about music, ethics, etc, all of them with respect. So here's my proposal:

Steve has given most of us a service we couldn't find elsewhere. What about giving something back? If you know a software that may help him keep organized, recommend it. If you come up with any other way to help him, and his biz, be a little bit calmer as to what is going to happend, tell him. We owe him that bit.

Cheers
.::keko::.
www.qpd.cl // desahógate ahora!
www.basa.cl // Digital « Design » Atelier

Hal

I'll come work for you, Steve!

(only 90% kidding there.)

MarkB

I just got an order for steve... about $100 worth of stuff..
came fairly quick - about a week from the time I got his email.. can't complain about that at all!

He has everything I need for stompboxes.. I recommend him to everyone I know.
"-)

PS - Steve, I will also be happy to help with any kind of technical assistance, that's what I do for my day job (systems engineering).

smoguzbenjamin

Yah, Steve can't go out of business, I need some stuff from him! I have one question though... In the shipping price table, shipping to Europe goes only up to 1lbs. Is that the maximum?

Quote from: SBEIf you can't use PayPal, I accept a check in U.S. Dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, or an International Postal Money Order denominated in U.S. Dollars.
Right, now I have a dutch giro account... What do I do order a transfer to SBE or something? I'm confuzzled and I want to do this right, without any screwups.

That's two questions. Never mind :lol:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

yano

I wonder if paypal can help you out in converting your cash into US Dollars?

zeta55

QuoteI wonder if paypal can help you out in converting your cash into US Dollars?
Yes they do. I just placed my first order with SBE. I payed with paypal, no problem converting to USD from Swedish krona. :D
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/