Orange Sqeezer Problems?

Started by GuitarLord5000, March 09, 2004, 03:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarLord5000

Quote from: brettConcerning the trimpot/pot, you should find that there is a sweet spot just to one side of where the signal cuts out.

Hmmm.  The signal DOESN'T cut out!  I can have my trimpot set far above 10k and I still get the same kinda signal.  Perhaps something is wrong that I didnt think of?  I'll recheck my soldering again for bridging.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

RDV

I personally played it safe on the OS & ordered a PCB from GGG which was a work of art I must say. I also used all the recommended parts with no subs & it worked great. My point I suppose is some of these circuits are not very forgiving regarding substitutions and the OS is one of them.

Regards

RDV

GuitarLord5000

Yeah, it was my intention to use all the same parts.  I went out and bought Radio Shacks assorted trimming pots and was unfortunate enough not to get even one 10k.  I misread the diode value.  I truly thought I was supposed to use the 1N914, but it was unfortunately not the case.  I'll come back to this one as soon as I can get a 1n34 or similar diode.  Hopefully thats the problem.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Paul Marossy

I'm interested to know if that's what it is.  8)