Tremulus Lune Mod

Started by phillip, March 12, 2004, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

Would it be possible to boil the Tremulus Lune down to 4 knobs so that I could fit it all in a Hammond BB box that I have?  

I was wondering if the "Fine" control could be removed, and the 100-ohm resistor that follows it increased to about 820-ohms.  This would allow me to fit it all neatly into the BB, but would if adversely affect the sound without it?

TIA!
Phillip

mattv

Sounds like a winner. You shouldn't *need* to change the 100 ohm resistor, but that's up to you.

phillip

I just noticed some differences between the schematic and the circuit board layout of the Tremulus Lune:

-There's a 2K7 resistor before the speed control on the circuit board layout that isn't on the schematic.

-There's no 100-ohm resistor after the "Fine" control on the circuit board.

-The 100uF capacitor on the schematic is a 10uF capacitor on the circuit board layout.

So should I built the pedal as per the schematic or the circuit board layout?

Phillip

claydavis

you should be fine following the board layout. they don't always update their schematics when changes are made to the circuit, but the layouts are right. i just finished a tremulus lune and a panneur for a couple of people, and both boards worked fine.

you probably won't have a problem leaving off the fine control, but the speed control covers a LOT of ground, and the fine control makes it much easier to dial in. if you can get a bigger box, it's worth it to build this one with all the knobs. :D

sirkut

I concur, all the knobs do have their purpose. Built one for a friend, he LOVES it immensely. This weekend I'll be building mine. It's just that good.

phillip

I may end up mounting the fine control on the side of the box just so that it's there.  I'm also going to add a jack for an expression pedal for another way to control the speed of the tremolo.

Phillip

claydavis

if you can squeeze in a toggle switch somewhere, the ramp up/down switch is an easy and very worthwhile addition.

phillip

Do I just wrap the LED and LDR is black electrical tape with the face of the square LED mashed right up against the face of the LDR?

Phillip

sirkut

yes, black electrical tape works well, what I did was put the two "faces" together and tied it together with scrap wire(still insulated) or use twist ties, then wrap it in tape. Definately, DEFINATELY do the ramp up/down mod. You'll need 4 diodes but trust me, well worth it.

MarkB

heat-shrink tubing works well, too..
that's what I did on my EasyVibe with great results.
"-)

axr

the fine knob isnt a must, go with the 4 knobs tremulus or better do the volume mod (put a pot instead of the trimpot for volume). The sawtooth mod is cool, also the rate doubler is cool it will be cool if you add a momentary footswitch to change speed on the fly, like the intro of planet telex.

phillip

Okay, I think that I've found a way to get 5 knobs and a on-off-on toggle switch crammed into a BB box.

One more question.  On the sawtooth mod, which orientation of the diode (cathode stripe pointed toward the switch or cathode stripe pointed away from the switch) is ramp up, and which orientation is ramp down?  

TIA!
Phillip

DaveTV

I was able to get my Tremulus into a BB size box without too much trouble.

bobbletrox

You could always make them into trimpots, Phillip.