A very cool toy!! Hendrix w the effects

Started by jimbob, March 14, 2004, 01:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I bought this the other day. Its Hendrix from a 69 concert that even comes with what looks like 2 wah pedals and a fuzz face http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1682

normally i wait for these to go on sale--3-4 buck but since there are all limited i didnt wanna take the chance-- i allready miss out on the Jim Morrison one.

Includes a replica of Jimi's six-string guitar and a custom base, memorializing Jimi's iconic stage presence at the historical concert near Woodstock, NY, in August of 1969. The base replicates an authentic section of the wooden stage, complete with guitar effects pedals. The standard figure includes a guitar, small stage section, one amp stack, mic, mic stand and guitar effects pedals.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

strungout

Man, that looks cool :D  I'm thinking that second wah is a volume pedal?
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

DaveTV

More likely an expression pedal for the Univibe.

javacody

It is an expression pedal for the univibe. Unfortunately, this figure is one of Todd McFarlane's worst figures. Jimi's face is messed up. I'm very disappointed in how it turned out. I do own two of them though, because, hey, its still Jimi. I do own one of the early ones that still has Fender Stratocaster on the headstock with the correct shape.

bwanasonic

No plaster cast accessory eh?

Quote from: Jimi Hendrix"But as far as I know, they may be trying to wrap me in cellophane and
sell me; brothers help me, and don't worry about looking at the score."
-- Jimi Hendrix ("Somewhere")

Kerry M

BillyJ

QuoteNo plaster cast accessory eh?

It was too big for the box even miniaturized  :shock:

Ge_Whiz

If it comes with a tiny little Fuzz-Face, please open it up and tell us what the tiny little transistors are labelled.

Peter Snowberg

I'm guessing that FuzzFace is a Si version using surface mount parts. ;)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Gstring

I bought on ebay-I thought it was A++++, did not take it out of pkg, May get 1 more and display it

javacody

They're BC108's. 0.1 uF input cap too.   :D   They didn't quite get the neck shape right on the strat though!  ROFLOL

JT

Amazon has the large boxed version for $20  Don't go to ebay .Buy something for $10 and its free shipping :)

javacody

If you want the ones that say Fender on the headstock, you can really only find those on Ebay.

JT

I had a broken wire on mine and called Spawn and emailed them they sent me a whole accessory Pack with another guitar and FX no questions asked.Bith have correct Headstock....Now thats customer service :) I had seen the different headstock but wasn't sure of the legality of the situation