A few pics of my "other" hobby plus FF and Wha

Started by Aharon, March 16, 2004, 08:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brett

Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

bobbletrox

Your Hotbox is awesome -super tidy!  I didn't realise this effect was wired point to point.  The Spitfire looks great too.  :o

Kaiowas

Wow!!....very professional work!!!
Congrats!!
"De quién era la piragua?!"

Kaiowas

troubledtom

Hal

wow, I really like that car amp (or at least thats what it looks like) chassis.  Creative, and sweet build!

nice stuff!

Alpha579

That spitfire looks awesome!...Where can i find the schematic :)
Alex Fiddes

puretube

Aharon

Thanks guys.I'm in the middle of yet another amp,this time a Ax84 HiOctane.

The schem for the Spit is at Blue guitar.
Take care
Aharon :D
Aharon

Doug H

Nice work!

I like your amp chassis. Very imaginative!

Doug

Aharon

Thanks Doug!.Wait till you see what I used for the HO......paid a buck or two for it but looks like the real thing.I'll have pictures soon.
Aharon
Aharon

Mark Hammer

Very, very nice work.  I'm guessing the Hammond people send you a Christmas and Birthday card, and "valued customer discount card" these days. :)

So now the ugly question.  When do you find the time to play them and what does the *other* side of the room look like? :wink:

Aharon

Perceptive as always Mark........the truth is my playing suffers from lack of practicing.I'm always telling myself the next one is enough amps already !!!!!but then I either find something in the dumpster or somebody gives me an old piece of equipment and there I go again.
I think I've said this at the Ax84 forum but I've been known to look at a fuse holder and go..."what can I build around this......."(lol).

I have so much shitza I keep it in storage.I think I have to start a band .....again.

Aharon
Aharon

Doug H

Quote from: AharonThanks Doug!.Wait till you see what I used for the HO......paid a buck or two for it but looks like the real thing.I'll have pictures soon.
Aharon

I'm always looking for inexpensive chassis ideas. I love my little modem chassi but they can get cramped for some things.

Doug

Paul Marossy

"the truth is my playing suffers from lack of practicing. I'm always telling myself the next one is enough amps already!!!!! But, then I either find something in the dumpster or somebody gives me an old piece of equipment and there I go again."

Boy, can I relate to that!  8)

Nice work, BTW. How do like your HotBox clone? I was sort of thinking about building one of those.

Aharon

Hi PAul,I really like the HotBox.I had some old 6Eu7 tubes that I was wondering what to do with and decided to build the HB using them instead(basicaly a 12Ax7 with diferent pinout),I could rewire it anyime for 12Ax7 but I'll stick with those as long as they last.
It really nails everything from overdrive to all out distortion so well,I didn't even bother to wire a clean channel.
I should start making a few samples of the stuff and post it.
As a matter of fact I should get a  page going,my internet supplier has a free site offer but the Html involved is something I don't want to get into.
When you decide to build let me know ,maybe I can help.
CYA
Aharon
Aharon

Paul Marossy

Oh darn. Now I have that building bug again...  :shock:

Say, do you remember what transformer you used for that? Is it a Hammond? I was also thinking about building a Matchless Spitfire clone, and everyone seems to say that you have to get the West Labs transformer(s) for it to sound right...