appologies for stupid comments i may have made in the past.

Started by Brian Marshall, March 16, 2004, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

I did a search on this forum a today, and ran in to some of my old posts.  I said some obserdly stupid stuff that i cant believe i said.  It is funny how a few months can change your perspective so much.

Brian

Tim Escobedo

Why not post them again so we can all rake you over the coals?  :wink:

Don't worry. I'm sure most folks are like me and never really remember such particulars.

ExpAnonColin

Yeah, I can't think of anything stupid you've said, and can't find any doing a search, either.  You're A-OK with me, Brian, even if you don't use uppercase letters all the time ;)

-Colin

Nasse

:shock: What pedal/circuit it was??? Did I miss something? Where is the schematic?
  • SUPPORTER

bwanasonic

Quote from: Brian MarshallI did a search on this forum a today, and ran in to some of my old posts.

Google allows me to find usenet posts I made 10 years ago. That's alway's good for a chuckle.

Kerry M

brett

Hi Brian.  If you said something dumb............hey, welcome to the human race.  :D

Better to have a forum with lots of discussion including some mistakes than for everybody to keep quiet in case they're wrong (and hence have no forum).

PS Once I asked about a really simple part of a circuit that I thought was a phase shifter and was told in the very first reply that it was a high-pass filter. :oops:  Won't make that mistake again...
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

gez

23rd Aug - well, that remark about the banana WAS in bad taste!

15 Sept - We're all aware that dogs do that sort of thing, but did you
REALLY have to remind us all about it?!!!

5th Nov - OK, so I wear women's tights - GET OVER IT!!!

All is forgiven though...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Mark Hammer

Gilles C

No, but maybe he could replace Crétien here in Canada, now that he's gone...

OK, only a joke.  :wink:  but I couldn't resist.

niftydog

can I be allowed to apologise for stupid comments I'm likely to make IN THE FUTURE?!?!
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

The Tone God

Quote from: Gilles CNo, but maybe he could replace Crétien here in Canada, now that he's gone...

Uh Crétien has already been replaced by Paul Martin. Just thought I would let you know. ;)

Andrew

David

Quote from: niftydogcan I be allowed to apologise for stupid comments I'm likely to make IN THE FUTURE?!?!

NO WAY, PAL!  This would remove your "plausible culpability".

Just kidding...   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Lurco

Quotesaid some obserdly stupid

You are not the only one!

nightingale

what about the time~
that i got wasted, and posted some psychotic garble...? that was pretty hot!
don't sweat it...
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Brian Marshall

many of the comments i was referring to were just be being ignorant... as with any topic... be it electronics, politics, whatever....

I have noticed the more i learn the less i know.  I read one post on the thread colin started on opperation transconductance amplifiers.  i got down to this one post, and it was just the dumbest comment i had ever seen, and i looked over to the left and saw my name.... i dont even remember writing it.

the other one was my rant on why I dont buy surplus parts.  i think i was a little harsh in asserting my opinion.

Brian

petemoore

I think 20 self inflicted Whacks should fix you right up!!!
 We're on the honor system here, but we'll just know if you haven't done all 20...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Greg M.

I'm just glad that--unlike other forums I've visited--the religion and politics posts are rare.  In fact, I don't think I've seen either here.  There are places for this, but that's not why we come here right?  I don't know what you said Brian but it couldn't have been so bad from what I've seen from a very polite board.  Unless....it was about somebody's mama.  Now that be dif'rent.

brett

Hi again.  Brian, don't sweat about your comments re surplus bargain buying.  I thought that you provided an excellent opinion there.  If you hadn't written that post I would have made one that would have been almost identical.  It would be damn dull if we all agreed here. (or always disagreed, for that matter)

And if someone is starting a list, I too want forgiveness for all the garbage I posted in the past, present and future (not to mention parallel universes).
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)