LM386's laying around

Started by lenwood, March 18, 2004, 06:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenwood

What are some good distortion type pedal designs I could try some of my LM386's with?  Thanks in advance.  :)
Lennie

humbuck

You could try the fuzz-booster on Marcus's site. It's a great device - more of a fuzz than a booster.

H.

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Ansil

ts386 ts9 clone
ds386  ds1 clone

GuitarLord5000

B. Tremblay is on the right track!  I would suggest the Big Daddy (on the same page as Grace).  It has some awesome sound.  (I akin the sound to a large older tube amp.  Supremely responsive to pick dynamics and volume changes on the guitar.)  The only difference between mine and the layout on runoffgroove is that I used a .01uf cap for the input cap.  Excellent build.  Very easy.  I like it even more when you give it a little extra drive with Gus's NPN boost!
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Tim Escobedo

I use the 386 in several of my circuits. It's a really cool chip.

javacody

Ansil, where can I find the schems you mentioned?

Lonehdrider

Makes a nice headphone amp too with pretty good gain, ala the Ruby etc etc, makes for some great bedroom jamming and no ones the wiser.. :D

Regards,

Lone
With all the dozen's of blues songs that start "Gonna get up in the morning" , its a fact that blues musicians are apparently the only ones that actually get up in the MORNING...

MarkB

Smash Drive?
I'd highly recommend Tim's Rambler, too - wicked octave/fuzz.
"-)

Ansil

Quote from: javacodyAnsil, where can I find the schems you mentioned?

email me or i think munky has them too..

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, I have them. If anybody wants, just e-mail Ansil or me.

Arn C.

Ansil wrote:  

Quoteds386 ds1 clone

Ansil, I built this and man, I can't seem to get it to work.  I will recheck all connections again and then let you know what I find wrong, if I can.

peace!
Arn C.

humbuck

Ok I forgot, the fuzz-booster is a 741. another cool chip.

H.