Mongoose Fuzz

Started by brian wenz, August 17, 2003, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
  I'll see if I have better luck on the new Forum----anybody have any experience with Roger Mayors' Mongoose Fuzz??  Schematics??
Thanks-
Brian.

aron

I've never seen it. :?

Rob Strand

I've got a trace I did from photo's.  It looks OK but it's missing a lot of the cap values.  It's a common structure: one transistor amp -> opamp -> diode clippers.

Rob
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Tobias Karlsson

I think it based on the "Rat". You can even hear it if you try one out.

Best regards

Tobias Karlsson in Sweden
Tobias Karlsson

Rob Strand

QuoteI think it based on the "Rat"

It has it's similarities and differences.  It's got the post low-pass filter like the RAT too.

If anyone is curioius about the schematic let me know.  I'm sure it's correct just that the cap and pot values are missing - I've put guess values in there.  If anyone can get the missing values let me know.

Rob
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

hank reynolds 3rd

wouldnt mins a peek! :lol:  :twisted:  :roll:  :D  :!:
(i like these emoticons!!
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: )
mr_shark80@yahoo.co.uk

cheers

sam

brian wenz

Hello Hello--
Yeah, I've heard that it is close to a Rat.  Would like to see the scheme, too!
Thanks, everybody!
Brian.

tomtom

Hello

I'm working on a moddified Rat design ('tweaking area" for now), so it may be a great addition to have a Moongoose schem near...

Thanks !
 Regards.
 Tom

One mod about the Rat involves a selector for different kind of clipping (like having four Rat in a box) an it rocks, it's hightly versatile.

tomtom

phillip

Could somebody send me a copy too?

Phillip
http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/