TLC2262 substitutes

Started by Athin, March 23, 2004, 09:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athin

Hi.I've made a SansAmpGT2 clone, it sounds bit likie crap, but I've heard, that the tlc2262CP's improve the sound a lot. Alas I live in Poland and therefore am unable to buy this chip. I also can't find any part which would be phisically comparable to this one except the TLV2262AIP and the TLC2272CP. I would like to ask you a couple of things:
1. What is the chance of the TLV2262AIP/tlc2272CP sounding comparable to the 2262?
2. Is there any other chip I could replace the 2262 with? What are the main values (parameters) I should watch out for whilst searching for an alternative?
3. there is no 3 :)
DIY XOR die.

Joep

Hi Athin,

The 2262 is a special opamp, a so called Rail-to-rail opamp. The output signal can swing from the positive to the negative supply voltage. In a normal opamp the output peak signal can only be about 70-80% of the supply voltage.

Small Bear has the 2262, you can buy it there.

Bye,

Joep

Nick123

RS Electronics  have  TLC2262.

Arno van der Heijden

You can order free samples of the TLC2262 from TI. www.ti.com

Ansil

national semi conducotr have a comparable one too.

it is like the lmc6462 somethign around there.. look at there opamps and look at the rail to rail ones. thats how i found it
:)

phantombox

Would an LF442 work as a substitute for the TLC2262 in the MC-402 pedal? It works in the MXR MC-401...

anotherjim

Any LF series opamp may sound like any TL series when overdriven - same basic JFET input structure. TLC are CMOS so very different when overdriven. If you must use another opamp, you can prevent it from clipping at the output by adding feedback diodes on the opamp tube screamer style with enough forward voltage drop to limit the output swing so it can't clip at supply rail voltage. Using x2 red LEDs in series (x4 total) limits swing to about 6v. This is an easy way to improve a Behringer BDI21 rather than swapping out the smd TL064 for a TLC2264. Where a second part of the opamp is used for a presence boost, you should add feedback LEDs/diodes to that too.