I AM OFFICIALLY WIRELESS!!!!

Started by smoguzbenjamin, March 23, 2004, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoguzbenjamin

Woohooo!!!!! I got my wireless kit today! It rocks! except for the fact that volume is really low but I don't have any fresh batteries.... Must buy batteries.... anyway I just wanted to share the fact that I am wireless and very happy :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

aron

WOW, at first I thought you were talking 802.11G but then I realized you were talking wireless guitar!

COOL!  8)

smoguzbenjamin

8) It's 170MHz FM... I don't think I need a liscense for that around here... yah it totally rocks :mrgreen: And it does not suck tone which amazes me. 8) This rules...

BILLYL

OK - what kit did you use?  Been toying around with the idea for awhile.

What are you using for the FM receiver?

Thanks
BILL

smoguzbenjamin

It's a transmitter/reciever that I bought second hand... no DIY here. It is great though to be free of cables. I like it, I just need to get some fresh batteries and I'll be all set... lol

Peter Snowberg

Very cool! 8)

My first thought was 802.11 as well. :D Hehehe

Congratulations.

take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

smoguzbenjamin

Yeah after re-reading my first post I realised it was kind of ambiguous :lol: oops

freebird1127

Awesome!!  And on this topic:

My buddy has a Samson wireless guitar kit:  tiniest little transmitter, it's basically a 1/4" plug the plugs straight into the guitar, with a module about twice the size of the plug on the end and a small antenna!  I was amazed...

Anyways, in general, if you have experience with Samson products, what do you think?
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

Alex C

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's 802.11?  I think I've heard of it before, but I'm not sure.  

I've also been eyeing those Samson systems for awhile now.  The transmitters look great, and the receivers are awesome too.  They look like a standard pedal and fit right into the beginning of the signal chain.
Here:

Are there any downsides to a wireless system (tone loss, incompatibility with effects [fuzz face?], etc.)?  Thanks.

Alex

Alex

802.11 is the wireless extension to the EtherNet standard (802.3). It's also called WiFi. It comes in several "flavors" with data rates from 1Mbit to 54Mbit.

A wireless system will not work ideally with a fuzzface, but an inductor placed in the signal path after the receiver will almost make up for that.

Alex C

Okay, thanks.  Nice name, by the way.   :)

Alex

:D It's actually short for Alexandra. ;)

Ansil

Quote from: Alex:D It's actually short for Alexandra. ;)

i am hoping with a name alexandra that u are a girl ..

so what does that make two now??? :shock:

Gringo

Way to go ben, i've always wanted to get a wireless system, even built a couple of transmitters, but never got'em right.

Have fun!
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

freebird1127

Yeah Alex that's the Wireless system I was talking about.  Any other people have opinions?
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

smoguzbenjamin

Mine's a little bigger, I clip the transmitter to the guitar strap or my belt... I have to crank the volume to make it audible though, this wasn't really geared towards guitar. Thank RG for LPB-2s :mrgreen: Works great.

Chris S

Has any built a wireless themselves?

smoguzbenjamin

There was a project I found a while back for an FM wireless bug made for guitar... thing is it transmitted on the 'illegal' frequencies between 88 and 108Mhz FM. That could get you into trouble, at least where I live. My experience with RF is that it's damn tricky :lol: