hmmm I have an idea/Double Muff

Started by aron, March 23, 2004, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in learning how to mod this pedal?

yes
21 (95.5%)
no
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 23, 2004, 03:04:48 PM

Ansil

i am game aron,  and well hell idont' even like transistors that much

i am asusuming that since this is a double muff it is two of them

PB Wilson

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a difference between the Muff circuit and the Big Muff Pi? I thought I heard or read that the Double Muff isn't two Big Muff Pi's, but two Muff circuits (which are similar, but more basic). Am I way off base here or could my rusty memory actually be right?

travissk

Yes, that's right; the Double Muff is two "Muff Fuzz" circuits in one box, while the Big Muff Pi is a later fuzzbox that, at least nowadays, is much more popular (I don't think EH Sells a Muff Fuzz anymore?).

I have not read any reviews of the Double Muff, but modding does open up some interesting possibilities :)

Chris R

Chris R

so.. whats the verdict ?  are we gonna try this ?

Chris

Nasse

:? Sorry I could resist to say this but these pedals NEED some tweaking... :wink:
  • SUPPORTER

aron

Quote from: Chris Rso.. whats the verdict ?  are we gonna try this ?

I want to, but I would need 6 people to commit to getting them. That way the pedals cost even less.

puretube

just got back from MusikMesse Frankfurt, and to my surprise found out, that the Double-Muff`s box isn`t the size of a (US)BigMuff, but only the smaller box size like the Holy Grail, SmallClone, and (US) Small-Stone - for those (like me) who didn`t know that, and couldn`t tell from the pics on the web...

btw.: it "cleans up" very nice...

freeradical24

if you dont find another person in the next couple weeks im  interested.(gotta fix my amp first)

backintheussa

i would be interested in this if it is still going on. i was going to buy one sooner or later to play with and probably mod.

RDV

What about an extra footswitch to switch between the single and dual modes and use the slider switch to switch between the different diodes?

Just a thought.

RDV

tcobretti

aron

OK, here's the problem.

I need twelve people to commit to this minimum. I also would need one person in the "continental" US to accept the shipment and then mail each of us in the project boxes.

Then we can start modding.... but is it worth it at the end? The cost would be UPS ground shipping for 12+ boxes plus reshipping to final destination. :?

Leandro

Quote from: MarkDonMelI've been trying to get my girlfriend to go for this for years.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Me too, and I'm no closer now than I was back when we started going out...

...but seriously, though...  I don't have this pedal, and fuzz boxes don't seem too attractive to me, but I'm sure the experience gained by just watching the events unfold will be very educational, nonetheless.

tcobretti

I'm willing to accept the shipment and send it out, but how is the money side gonna work?  Do you a have a definite price on the pedals?  How are we gonna work the money for shipping? (I'm assuming we'll all send you the money to order the pedals in the first place)

travis

backintheussa