Smallbeer are you out there?

Started by Marcus Dahl, March 26, 2004, 03:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javacody

Yeah, Bavarians account for 75% of Germany's beer consumption. They are some beer luvin' fools!  They give beer to the draft horses in breweries! You get a beer ration for lunch (if you work in a brewery)! Beer is also referred to as "liquid bread" inferring that many Bavarian's consider beer a life giving staple food! What a great place. I got to get over for Oktoberfest some day (which by the way, isn't it October).

Hal

Peter Snowberg

I can't help but see beer as a fairly heavy-duty drug and I don't drink at all but not for any kind of moralistic reasons. In the words of the late commedian Bill Hicks.... "There are better drugs, and better drugs for you".

When I do make it to Germany though, the thought of not having some good Bavarian beer just seems like missing too much. I'll drink for sure at that point.

See you next year Ton. ;)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Nasse

Quotesee beer as a fairly heavy-duty drug

Truth there. Also beer is called "creeping idiotism" here. It can be very dangerous. Some day I might post a pic of what happened to me after too much beer. And that is a promise.

Funny what you can order from web with your credit card. Some friends at job reported they ordered genuine beer Made in Germany, delivered at their front door. And that was cheap.

But I hope Small Bear continues with components. But until then remeber "Small Beer"
  • SUPPORTER

puretube

QuoteThey are some beer luvin' fools!

At our annual beer-fest (may/june) they only sell it by the liter...

AL

Bluesgeetar - I'm happy for ya' - actually I'm pretty ticked off about it. I can't get good micro-brew beer where I am.   :(  I spent a brief amount of time living in Seattle and they did have really good beer.  I still have friends out there - maybe it's time for a visit to the west coast.

Puretube - that's a very upsetting picture.  I reaaalllly miss German beer.  I did a backpacking trek through Europe a few years ago and loved the German/Bavarian alps.  It's beautiful country and it gets even prettier with a few pints the blur your vision.  I seem to remember drinking meter boards of Hannen(??) alt while in K-town.  You guys take your beer seriously over there.  In the states you have to search out good beer.

AL

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

zachary vex

my, my.  paul knows his NA beer!   8^)

petemoore

Beer was an accident...a fermentation process that occurred as Romans were using water...[you put your grains in water to preserve them] as a way to store food energy...lo and behold: Beer.
 In Bitburg, the entire town would shut down and the brewery's main fountain would be prepared and filled with [you guessed it] Bitburger Pils!!! The entire town and many folks from miles away would hang out, watch a parade, then watch as the populous either got inebriated or just plain smashed drunk!!! Yupp FREE BEER for everyboady for a day!!! what a deal!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

puretube

...lots of mini/microbreweries around here, too (this being the largest hop-producing area o.t. world), but:
I don't post info here cause too many for profit drinkers surf here and would quickly dry out our suppliers leaving us nothing for future drinks....

(lol - sorry - just joking!)

Marcus Dahl

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)http://www.elizabethangeek.com/wiki/index.cgi?SmallBeer

if you want to know what it really is (or was)!

Amother term that might be a little more noticed is nearbeer. During the Elizabethazn time Smallbeer or Nearbeer was given to children and pregenet women as a food rashon as well. The main reason for beer in those times was the health benefits. Instead of drinking the nasty, dirty, filthy water they drank beer. Water then in those times could make you very sick.
Marcus Dahl

Johan

Quote from: Nasse
QuoteTruth there. Also beer is called "creeping idiotism" here. It can be very dangerous. Some day I might post a pic of what happened to me after too much beer. And that is a promise.

"

..if beer makes you stupid, I wouldnt mind being a little stupid everyday..(un)fortunatly, there are other things in life that dont go hand in hand with stupidity....

Johan
DON'T PANIC

smoguzbenjamin

Like tube amps running at 800v :shock:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.