would someone with a ehx pedal with the 1024 chip do me...

Started by marrstians, March 27, 2004, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrstians

a favor? i have a broken deluxe memory man and i don't really have a way to check and see if one or more of the chips are broken... they are in sockets and i wanted to see if i could send them to someone and they'd throw them in their pedal one at a time and see if they work... let me know if you could do it for me...

marrstians

yeah... i saw that but i'm not sure if they're bad or not... maybe one of them is or all four... i just don't know... maybe they're all good... i just don't know of a way to test them...

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: marrstiansyeah... i saw that but i'm not sure if they're bad or not... maybe one of them is or all four... i just don't know... maybe they're all good... i just don't know of a way to test them...

Is the thing working at all?  Are any of the components at all visibly damaged?  Are any of the wires torn off?  Are any of the PCB traces cut?

If you answered no to the preceding questions, then it could be a chip, and you should probably just buy a few to have them around anyways :)

-Colin

marrstians

i just don't want to spend 60 if i don't have to... plus if they are gone would putting new ones in make them blow? i just don't want to hear the toilet flush.............

ExpAnonColin

It could, yes.  This guy's been selling these chips for a while on ebay, they end for maybe $2 a chip.  E-mail him and offer $10 shipped for 4, he might just do it.

-Colin