Digitech Whammy Perf layout finished

Started by Alex C, March 28, 2004, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex C

No, just kidding.  :)     What's the most complex project you guys have done on perf?

Marcos - Munky

Hey man, don't do this again  :evil: . Just joking :P. Well, the harder thing that I built in perf was a Bazz Fuss, a Buzz Box and a LM386 amp with three caps. After this I entered in the PCB world. But I saw a Sansamp GT-2 built in a perfboard.

smoguzbenjamin

A GT-2 on perf :shock: Never!!! Wow, respect to whoever accomplished that.  :roll:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

RickL

I do a lot of stuff on perf. The two biggish ones that come to mind immediately are a Fender Blender and a Roland Bee Baa. I've designed a perf layout for the Coloursound Octave. I'll report in the next month or so when I build it.

Ansil

the eggstacy and a small quad lm380 power amp for a little practice amp.

but i used a layout but stil on perf

smoguzbenjamin

Hell I use perf for everything. Turns out that the LM3886 won't fit in perf, it's got wierd legs. That sucks. I'll have to use something else...

ExpAnonColin

Cow4Prez is the jesus of perf, he does ampeg scrambler's inside 1590B boxes.

-Colin

smoguzbenjamin

The Tone God

I used to do alot of perf. I still do some every once and awhile. I built a couple of my own designed vibes to fit in rocker cases on perf. That was fun. :roll:

Andrew

Maneco

Believe it or not,my first two loopers were built on perfboard,one of them is still working,i gave it as a present to the other guitarist of my former band...of course,a nightmare of soldered wire wrap cable,the thin green one,took almost three months to build,(well i was designing it while building)...i'll never do it again...

Maneco

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminHell I use perf for everything. Turns out that the LM3886 won't fit in perf, it's got wierd legs. That sucks. I'll have to use something else...

it does fit...i'm listening "special needs" by Placebo,right now,on my perfboard lm3886's   8)  :D   bend the legs...

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: ManecoBelieve it or not,my first two loopers were built on perfboard

:shock:

niftydog

QuoteNo, just kidding

FEW!  The real thing is noisy enough!  Can you imagine the wiring... sheesh.

Anyone here got one of these hunks o' junk?  I'm wondering if they all have noise problems or if my mate just has a dud.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Alex C

I've got one, the latest reissue- not sure about model numbers, etc.  I'm pleased with it, only a few minor issues, but nothing I can't live with.

Alex

nirvanas silence

Tubescreamer, Big Muff, Uni-Vibe....