Electro Harmonix Bass or Guitar Micro Synth

Started by oregongr, March 28, 2004, 12:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregongr

hi every one ...i am new on this forum and i thing that its great....
have anyone build or try to built Electro Harmonix Bass or Guitar Micro Synth.
i have just finish one from a schematic from http://www.harpamps.com/schematics/
and it works in parts ...but have problem with the last 3094 stage.
No sound at all but i get sound and seems that works before that stage.
can anyone help?
is this a corect schematic?
thank you all

niftydog

that's the only schematic I know of.  More info, exactly which 3094 are you talking about?  Do you have an oscilloscope or an audio probe?
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Maneco

Hi,
i've built it,and the schematic has errors...the worst is exactly at the final vca,the 3094 you mention...r97 and pin2 of it must be connected to ground...search in the forum archives,because the topic was discussed here,by a guy who compared the original machine to the schem...
good luck

oregongr

:D at last we made it work...well the wrong was a resistor that we had place in wrong...but we found it and the last 3094 that must ground the pin 2 like maneco said we found that maybe the same time that maneco post the replay.
the schematic works but we are doing some checks now, i thing that works good but i need to know more about this... if any one have more experience about this petal please replay.
thank you all ...

Gringo

Could you record some samples when you are done with it?

I'd really like to hear it, since i'm looking for some synth type sound.

Thanks in advance.
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

oregongr

yes sure sometime later we will make some sounds from that really good synth guitar or bass micro...
but now we must check it more carefully...for errors in the schematic.any help will be great from anyone.
the good news is that this schematic seems to work nice.
next step than this is to make a layout to make it more easy to built.
Tomorrow we will make the final tests with the trace eliot amp for the bass and a laney lc 30 for the guitar

niftydog

niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Gringo

Great!! I'd really like to build this one.

I wonder which component i'll be unable to get for this one...:evil:

swt

I'm the guy maneco was talking about. I have the corrections for that schem around the web, by checking a real unit. tell me your email and i'll send the corrections. The resistor r97 is ok as in the schem...the unit really comes alive after the corrections.
Gringo: i'm also from Argentina, and i have been able to get all the components. Except that i used rotary pots.

oregongr

very kind of you swt if you can email me the corections...thanks a lot...i am waiting
oregondina@hotmail.com

Gringo

Quote from: swtI'm the guy maneco was talking about. I have the corrections for that schem around the web, by checking a real unit. tell me your email and i'll send the corrections. The resistor r97 is ok as in the schem...the unit really comes alive after the corrections.
Gringo: i'm also from Argentina, and i have been able to get all the components. Except that i used rotary pots.

Buenisimo che! Y contame, salen muy caros los integrados esos?

swt

Maneco!! Mira, yo vivo en Neuquen, y me salieron algo de 6 mangos cada uno. El pedal realmente vale la pena, y nuevo aca es carisimo. Salu2.

swt

oregongr: i have emailed all the info to munky, guess he'll have it in his site, but i'll email it again to you, but i'm on a trip, so i'm going back home in about 5 days.

zipphreak

Hi there, do you have the corrections for the bass micro synth schematic, i was thinking about building it. Does anyone have a PCB layout so i can etch it right to copper, and start building?

Thanks,
ZipPhReaK

StephenGiles

Hi SWT

De que parte de Argentina sos? Please email me the corrections.

steve_spgiles@hotmail.com

Thanks
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".