PURPLEXED PAGE COMPLETED

Started by Ansil, March 29, 2004, 06:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansil

Gilles C

Nice...

btw, my browser does'nt  want to to know anything about this address until it's spelled

http://www.geocities.com/cemaynard1134/Revisedperplexed.htm

Am I the only one?

Gilles

Marcos - Munky

Thanks, Ansil. Hey Gilles, here both links work without any problem.

Gilles C

So I've got a problem  :evil: ...

toneman

i can't get 2 it either.
Tried pasting address in different window.
Still no luck.
Yahoo says--
"too busy now, try back later"

tried 3 hrs earlier, sameo sameo.

can U use the [Img]  thing or the [URL] thing??
thanx
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

thumposaurus

I get the too busy thing too, and I tried it about 6 hours ago?
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Ansil

according to my counters i have had al ot  of hits since it went up sorry,

i am going to be doing a professional webpage soon and iwill be killing my geocities pages.

however i will maintain a smaller scaled back section of diy and a help page similar to my first website ie the same one that is limited on bandwidth

ever since someone crashed my site and tried to delete my files i have not maintained the site as i nearly lost a bunch of stuff.

so that coupled with the fact that i am releasing several of my designs to be sold i will not be posting those schemes in full anymore

not to be rude but i have left nearly every thought that trickled out onto paper to the net for everyone to see adn have doen so gladly

some were good some not. but since i have the chance to make money on some of them i see no reason to not cash in on them.

if however someone has a question, or dubugs one of my pedals in the future i have no issues with it being posted.

however i do say have fun with them, cause i have had fun with geofex's dirty tricks article and have come up with my own ideas on top of the ones in there.

for instance one i dont' use anymore is measuring eproms  i got several 1-1.5M resistor readings and used them in the vbias and the feedback loops of certain things.  worked like a charm,  anyway,  at the time this was nesecary as i had someone trying to sell the idea that i was selling at the same time cause we used to work together on it, and well he robbed my parts and stuff so i deliberately tried to throw him off

anyway sorry for the rant, if you want me to mail u it in zip form just email me at

austenfantanio@yahoo.com

also if there is anything on my site now that you wish to play with then go ahead and copy it for yourself as it is coming down this weekend

especially all of the eddie pedals and the drunk spider those will be in production soon, i have already talked to a few music stores and when i took the drunk spider into a well known store they bought the prototype when i plugged it in.

so anyway i got a check for it, and i have it on loan to finish the tweaks to it, and finsih the board on it.

still pretty close to the original posting but most of that is going into small runs

as well as the waterverb, it in spirit and basic principle is being made, for a different pedal along the same principle though

so please help yoruself to the spoils of my twisted mind

also if anyone has the hv arch angel minimig picture please dont' post it

i am in the process of patening it.

ansil

Jered

I must have missed these along the way.  What's an eddie pedal and an arch angel minimig?
Jered

toneman

both links working now.
thanx
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Ansil

Quote from: JeredI must have missed these along the way.  What's an eddie pedal and an arch angel minimig?
Jered

the arch angel minimig is using a a transistor and small transformer as a charge pump to charge a capacitor around 400v.  and thru a switch and some heavy duty rods, it melts the component ends when you discharge the cap. thus effectively arch welding component legs to the traces

works nicely with solder too.

the eddie pedal was a electric motor tied to a variable 0-9v power source thru a dead wah pedal. whose sympathetic vibrations caused a pickup located in the pedal itself to act similar in function to poundcake.

in a nuthsell if you dont' want to ruin your fretboard by running a drill down it.  [ala the video, and wll i used to do this numerous times] this lets you couple the signal from your guitar when you step  on the rocker pedal, and does the hole thing for ya if you get the foot action just right..

or u can set the internal volume on it, and use it as a drone for a second amp wiht no input on it at all.

proablly missed it due to the bandwidth being shot on mysites all the time

Jered

You can get the drill on the fret board sound using a vibrator, the hard plastic, inexpensive, battery operated cheapies sound best, and its loud!
 How long does it take the cap to charge back up for the welding device?
 Jered

Ansil

well the original circuit, took around 3 seconds.

the second version took 1/2 second

this one takes around a second

Jered

Interesting. How loud is it? 400 volts has got to be a nice CRACK !!! when it discharges. Any pictures?
Jered

Ansil

it is pretty good, pop but not too bad since i cut the cap down.  i am guessing it has less charge now, since it doesn't charge as fast that is.

i do have a pic of the prototype, but its housed in a piece of pvc pipe with just two nails protruding and a little switch on it.. nothingmuch to look at it.