Did I get screwed on my OC76?! Anyone know? Ammscray?

Started by Bluesgeetar, August 29, 2003, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesgeetar

OK the 4 OC76 I ordered from England don't have the Valvo stamp on them.  They look just like the Valvo ones from the pics I have seen of the Valvo OC76 as far as the shape goes and they have the little red dot to designate the collector.  But mine are labeled OC76 in large print with D29 in very small print.  That is all that is on mine.  No Valvo label.  What is the deal here?  I was gonna order 6 more from this company but not if they are giving me the shaft. :cry:

gez

I don't know about this individual trannie, but it's quite common for more than one manufacturer to make a specific transistor.  If this is the case then you haven't been shafted in that it's the right code, you just have to be more specific when ordering and ask who the manufacturer is - probably won't make much difference mind, they 'should' all sound the same.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

petemoore59

If you can leakage and gain test them, then put them In a FF or something you're familiar with and compare...the 'acid test' way!!!
 Thsi way I think you'll be confident with the results of your conclusions.

Bluesgeetar

I now remember the guy saying they were Mullards.  I guess I got paranoid when I read the statements on the RMS Boosters website basically saying that if it wasn't a Valvo OC76 it sucks.  I resent their ideas!  I think the Mullard folks made pretty good stuff!  Apparently I ain't the only one.  :wink: