DIY project - Looking for similiar to DOD GRUNGE

Started by BILLYL, April 01, 2004, 11:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BILLYL

Howdy-

Was in our local guitar center and my son was playing  through a DOD GRUNGE pedal - "Hey DAD - that's the sound I want"  Any one have a suggestion for a DIY project that can get that sound?

As always - thanks in advance

BILLYL

Ansil

u mean like fat gobs of distrortion with no end.. hmm let me think i have somethign in mind i will see if i have the scheme..  also you could build one, but technically i belive it owudl be easier to buy it. lol

the scheme for it is on the site

LP Hovercraft

The SansAmp GT-2 on tonepad.com at some settings sounds hellacious like a DOD Grunge, but more round and "tubey."   Doesn't the DOD Grunge have a mid booster onboard?  I think I remember them touting that when it was new.  It would be really interesting to find a schemo of Mr. Grungy

Joep

Check this link for the schem:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schems/dodfx69bgrunge.gif

It's a cool pedal, a friend of mine has one. It may be a little hard to do as a DIY project without a good layout. The might be cheap 2nd hand.

Joep

[/quote]

travissk

I know this is a DIY forum, but buying an FX69 is always an option; it seems that on ebay there are some up with Buy It Now for $25 + shipping.

I of course understand the desire to build one to your own specs; that's our hobby, but I personally tend to buy the cheaper effects (Boss, Dod) because it works out to be cheaper and faster. If he wants "that sound," then well, that pedal is the one pedal out there you know that will produce it 100%.

Ed G.

I generally don't care for DOD pedals, but I was impressed with the grunge, despite the dumb name and knob labels. It's very sustainy and heavy sounding. I guess if you were determined to build one you could simplify it a good bit by eliminating the fet switching scheme.

Marcos - Munky

There's a mod version called Grunge Zone, that is a hybrid of the Grunge and Boss Metal Zone. Check the Schematics 2 part of the forum and do a search.

BILLYL

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  Maybe we can find the one and let the son set his hand at building it.

Great forum and thanks

BILL