help with/pics of line6 switches?

Started by cedric, January 29, 2004, 08:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cedric

i know how they look and all, but aren't they replaceble with another form of switch?
a friend of mine wants his mm4 rehoused (and eventhough i don't like line6 (personal opion), it's good money :) )

i've found an enclosure for it that'll fit but making the switches align with the knobs/LEDs will be to weird, so i was hoping to switch them odd 4 pinned switches with new ones (with longer "legs" to align it all better).

any ideas for replacement switches that aren't exactly the same, but work the same way?

- ced

petemoore

Do one at a time,
  Marking the wires is recommended. Disconnect one switch.
 Use paper and pen and DMM, make it do everything it does and take DMM readings and notes on all that...check that thing!!! keep separate notes for each postition and note that position.
 Then you should be able to find a switch arrangement that does everything the old one did.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Mr.Huge

The Line 6 pedals use a MOM switch. I can't remember if its open or closed.
I'll have to got look.
-Mr. Huge
BEN:   Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

LUKE:   But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters...

VADER:   I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Mr.Huge

Here's how the switching works!
http://www.wayhuge.com/L6.pdf
The switches are MOM open SPST.
Enjoy,
-Mr.Huge
BEN:   Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

LUKE:   But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters...

VADER:   I find your lack of faith disturbing.

cedric

Quote from: Mr.HugeHere's how the switching works!
http://www.wayhuge.com/L6.pdf
The switches are MOM open SPST.
Enjoy,
-Mr.Huge

thanks a lot Mr.Huge!
yo always seem so kind to provide very good info :)

thanks.

cedric

anyone has any ideas which replacable switches will work in there?

- ced

i have the .pdf file mr.huge posted if needed.
but any personal experiences will be prefered :)

Wailin

What about just using  Carling 110-PM-OFF or the Taiwanese Momentary from Small Bear?  Then, just run leads from the switch to where the orginal tactile switch soldered in.  The little tactile switches are dpst momentary but are wired as spst i think...been a while since i opened one of these up.

cedric

well if that's true; thanks! and welcome!!